FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Sony Ericsson W300i: java.lang.securityexception error
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: there it goes! Reply with quote

Amazing! Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mecha_maniac"]it doesnt have the bar telling me what the right option button does but it brings up a menu with a option to enter a address. i have never used the browser in my phone so i never read on how to use it. guess i have a reason now. and its working! thanks![/quote]
jrfruth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jonas (or anyone else who can help),

Is installing the software directly from the URL the ONLY way to get it installed on the phone?

In my case, I'm using the Erricson Z525, branded by Cingular, but unlocked and running on T-Mobile's network. I installed the app via bluetooth, but the domain is listed as untrusted, and as you can suspect I am unable to change the permissions for the app to allow access to bluetooth.

For the life of me I can't seem to get the phone on the web, even when trying to dial into a known good ISP account. Maybe I should seek out a forum more appropriate for me just to get the phone on the web first, but figured it can't hurt to post something here.

So yeah, any help in either A. an alterntive to installing the app without going through the web, or B. Getting my phone on the web would be very appreciated. =)

Much Thanks,
-Jason
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jason:

You're pretty much spot-on with regard to what needs to be done. Did you try getting the network settings for your phone from Sony Ericsson's online configurator utility?

Best.
--
Jonas
jrfruth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks!! Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]@jason:

You're pretty much spot-on with regard to what needs to be done. Did you try getting the network settings for your phone from Sony Ericsson's online configurator utility?

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

Jonas,

Holy Cow! I never new about that configuration tool. Really doesn't get much easier than that!! :D I installed the app via WAP and it's working great. So happy to finally have my clicker back!! Thanks to you and all who have part in making/supporting such a great product =)

-Jason
BigFatDuck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i'm getting this same error on my new cingular SE w810i. i deleted it and tried downloading using the url you provided, and while the download worked i'm still getting the same error. application info says "untrusted" so i assume that's the reason, but i downloaded exactly as you said. what next?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... I'm thinking maybe you downloaded from your computer instead of from your phone?

Did you try removing the software from your phone prior to downloading the signed version? (this shouldn't be necessary, but might be worth a try)

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="BigFatDuck"]hi, i'm getting this same error on my new cingular SE w810i. i deleted it and tried downloading using the url you provided, and while the download worked i'm still getting the same error. application info says "untrusted" so i assume that's the reason, but i downloaded exactly as you said. what next?[/quote]
BigFatDuck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, i should have been more clear.

yes, i first installed using the salling clicker preference pane but when that didn't work (and i found this thread) i deleted the app on my phone (more -> delete) and directed my *phone's* browser to the url you mentioned and followed the download link which downloaded and installed the app on my phone over the air. however, when i tried connecting (to a mac btw, i realized this was a windows thread after the fact but it probably doesn't matter?) i got the same error message.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cingular is making it increasingly difficult to support their phones. Please try again now. I've switched from Verisign to Thawte certificates for the W810 now.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="BigFatDuck"]sorry, i should have been more clear.

yes, i first installed using the salling clicker preference pane but when that didn't work (and i found this thread) i deleted the app on my phone (more -> delete) and directed my *phone's* browser to the url you mentioned and followed the download link which downloaded and installed the app on my phone over the air. however, when i tried connecting (to a mac btw, i realized this was a windows thread after the fact but it probably doesn't matter?) i got the same error message.[/quote]
BigFatDuck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, it worked that time.

i'm wondering though if anyone has a quick easy guide to unbranding SE phones, specifically my w810i. i'm a little sick of the cingular/at&t special buttons and crippling.
agoraphonic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the same problem with my Motorola Pebl. I'm on T-Mobile and can't access the WAP address you suggested unless I pay $5.99/month to get web access. Is there another way to install the application on my phone so I don't get this security error? Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Mobile cripples Motorola phones. As you can see in our compatibility list, they're not supported at all.

What you can do is google around for "motomidman", but I have to warn you that it's a fairly involved procedure (which is why I don't want to link to it here).

I recommend not buying carrier-branded devices.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="agoraphonic"]I also have the same problem with my Motorola Pebl. I'm on T-Mobile and can't access the WAP address you suggested unless I pay $5.99/month to get web access. Is there another way to install the application on my phone so I don't get this security error? Thanks![/quote]
PaulMu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem with the Security Exception.
My cell phone is the Samsung Instinct (M800), and the only way I can install the app on my phone is by using the jar and jad files from a PC. I tried doing it with the wap.salling.com way, and it does identify my phone, but when i click on the link, the browser says it's forbidden, which I think is blocked by my carrier (Telus). Is there a way I can get the signed app for me phone using a PC?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: