FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Winamp tracks with Unicode tags?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuerfuchs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Winamp tracks with Unicode tags? Reply with quote

I am having a lot of trouble with MP3 files that have CJK characters in the title/artist/album fields... I managed to get some of them to show up in Windows Explorer, but that's another story.

Winamp and WMP seem to work fine with these files on my computer, but when I use either of their remotes on my phone, all non-ASCII characters just show up as squares (the character that shows up when there's no glyph).

Is this a problem where my phone doesn't support Unicode? Is the MP3 information just not being passed to the Clicker client on my phone? How can I find out?

Windows XP SP2
Winamp 5.35, ActiveWinamp v1.0

Salling Clicker v3.5.0
Windows Mobile 2003 SE for SmartPhone
Winamp Script v.31
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how these scripts work (it's possible that the scripts might mangle the texts).

Assuming the script sets the correct texts in Salling Clicker's scripting objects, we'll convert it into UTF8 which is then transferred to the phone.

If your phone doesn't have "glyphs" for the Unicode code points encoded in the UTF8 strings, they'll show as squares.

Best.
--
Jonas
ckaidi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry:

guys hope someone can help to solve this unicode problem...cos my mp3 are all tagged with chinese and im seeing squares in my o2 atom!!
Please and thanks in advanced!!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the system font on your O2 Atom have glyphs for these characters? If not, there's not a whole lot my software can do.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="ckaidi"]:cry:

guys hope someone can help to solve this unicode problem...cos my mp3 are all tagged with chinese and im seeing squares in my o2 atom!!
Please and thanks in advanced!![/quote]
ckaidi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Does the system font on your O2 Atom have glyphs for these characters? If not, there's not a whole lot my software can do.[/quote]

Im sure my atom have the glyphs as i am able to read the tag from WMP thru your software :D
So its either the problems with winamp or the script for winamp i guess. As i really preferred to use winamp can you give me any advise? Thank!! :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: