FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Not working on X51v...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
odalanizi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Not working on X51v... Reply with quote

Hey all, I got version 3.01 (I think) I installed salling clicker (registered it) and when I open it from my ppc, It says "NOT CONNECTED" and asks me to click more options, which has only the option to connect via tcp/ip...

when I click from my desktop (a windows media center edition laptop) I click "Connect to device" and it gives me an error... something like cannot connect to device and somthing about not finding a USEFUL SERVICE ...

Also to note, I'm using the PC850 bluetooth usb adapter (the one from motorola, that works a2dp) and the drivers version is 5.0

what am I doing wrong... how can I work this!?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Could you please download and install the latest version? 3.5

I'm not sure about the Bluetooth stack you've got on your PC, but lets start with the above, okay?

Best.
--
Jonas
odalanizi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: but... Reply with quote

but if I install download/install the new version, it will be in TRIAL ... I dont want trial!!
odalanizi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, I didn't realize it's free upgrade for already registered users :)

ok, so now I have the newest version...

My pocket pc is Axim X51V -- The software that comes up for it is for win mobile 2003... so instead, I use
brand: wm5
model: pocket pc

when I go in ppc, and open SC -- it says not connected (for bluetooth)
when I do it through the computer, SEARCH DEVICES -- it doesn't find anything...

I'm beggining to think it's my motorola pc850 adapter... it has the motorola bluetooth software 5.1.0.1201, manufactured by Broadcom

please help!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good!

Please check this:

1. Ensure that Salling Clicker on your PC identified your Bluetooth hardware and stack (Salling Clicker -> About -> Support Information)

2. Make sure your Broadcom software (Motorola-branded, apparently) is set to be "discoverable".

Best.
--
Jonas
odalanizi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: still not working.... Reply with quote

Hey, I apprecite your assistance!

the device is discovered when I search for it, and I select it -- then when I try to connect from the laptop, it says

"Connect Failed
The device lacks the required service, try restarting, install the applicable client application, or make sure the client application is active"

also, in support information, it sees my bluetooth... it says
Widcomm bluetooth (5.1.0.1201): Device present
Execution mode: elevated
Bonjour enabled
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: still not working.... Reply with quote

Hm. Could you please try connecting from your PPC to your computer?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="odalanizi"]Hey, I apprecite your assistance!

the device is discovered when I search for it, and I select it -- then when I try to connect from the laptop, it says

"Connect Failed
The device lacks the required service, try restarting, install the applicable client application, or make sure the client application is active"

also, in support information, it sees my bluetooth... it says
Widcomm bluetooth (5.1.0.1201): Device present
Execution mode: elevated
Bonjour enabled[/quote]
odalanizi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can connect from my ppc to my laptop for things like activesync, and so on -- but how can I connect salling clicker through the ppc? whenever I open sallign click it says bluetooth is not available, and throgh menu It's greyed out so I can't even try!!

what do I do now!? please help
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. What you need to do is this: install another client:

brand: windows mobile 5
model: pocketpc (broadcom)

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="odalanizi"]I can connect from my ppc to my laptop for things like activesync, and so on -- but how can I connect salling clicker through the ppc? whenever I open sallign click it says bluetooth is not available, and throgh menu It's greyed out so I can't even try!!

what do I do now!? please help[/quote]
odalanizi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey... I tried it ...

the only difference is that this time when I started the application on bluetooth it said "listening" for like 4 seconds... and then went back to not connected, and now yeah same problem as before.
odalanizi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: still... Reply with quote

hey guys, I'm using the x51v, and I installed footballs WM6 ROM now, I believed it will work now... but still -- same tihng!!!! salling doesn't work!!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: still... Reply with quote

May I ask how it still doesn't work?
What may you believe it would work with the illegitimate ROM?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="odalanizi"]hey guys, I'm using the x51v, and I installed footballs WM6 ROM now, I believed it will work now... but still -- same tihng!!!! salling doesn't work!![/quote]
anonymous_guy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, the real problem with the X51v-devices is that most users (like myself) don't use the original Microsoft-Stack that ships with Windows Mobule 5, but a Broadcom-Stack that was ported by the community.

I've got the same problems with Salling Clicker, though I can connect from the PC sometimes. Just have to try a few times.

When I'm connected, it works like a breeze.

One workaround is to start a PAN (Personal Area Network) and with that tunnel TCP/IP-packets through the Bluetooth-Link. It then works in WLAN-mode but it works. The only problem with that is that it doesn't work anymore in the latest version 3.5. It did work in 3.0, however.

So, the next steps from the Salling-team would be in my opinion:

1.) The X51v uses WM5, not WM2003. Please change that in the installer. It always installs the wrong version.

2.) Connecting via bluetooth doesn't work with the Broadcom-Stacks. Could you please review that?

3.) Please, implement a way to connect via TCP/IP, even if the WLAN-module is deactivated. That would provide a backdoor for us X51v-users.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

Bernhard Heinz
MeanSquare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to use the built-in installer because my hx4700 (HP) has been updated to WM5. (That should be an option in the menu.) At any rate, instead of using the [Set up Device...] button, I just navigated to C:/Program Files/Salling Software AB/Salling Clicker/Handheld Clients/ and then looked down the list. For the hx4700 WM5, the correct .EXE is Clicker_PocketPC_5_BC.EXE (since the hx4700 uses the BroadCom stack). I suspect that's the one that would work on the X51. (I'm using version 3.5 BTW.)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember to run this EXE on your PC, not on your PDA.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="MeanSquare"]I wasn't able to use the built-in installer because my hx4700 (HP) has been updated to WM5. (That should be an option in the menu.) At any rate, instead of using the [Set up Device...] button, I just navigated to C:/Program Files/Salling Software AB/Salling Clicker/Handheld Clients/ and then looked down the list. For the hx4700 WM5, the correct .EXE is Clicker_PocketPC_5_BC.EXE (since the hx4700 uses the BroadCom stack). I suspect that's the one that would work on the X51. (I'm using version 3.5 BTW.)[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: