FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Bluetooth Range Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
offyonder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth Range Issue Reply with quote

So, the clicker works great (as does Mobile Sync) so long as the phone is within a foot of the computer. Anything beyond that and I can't connect to sync or control. I can't find the way to enable WiFi to increase range. But, shouldn't Bluetooth connections reach 30 ft. or so, especially in line of sight?

Thanks!

OSX 10.4.8
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never ever seen this type of short range. I think you either suffer from (1) severe interference or (2) have broken hardware.

Best.
--
Jonas
offyonder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I can't imagine either of those being an issue. Any way to test to narrow things down?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any DECT phones nearby that might be interfering?

Best.
--
Jonas
offyonder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so as I don't even know what that is. Also, it's the case in various locations. I was bummed when I was trying to give a Power Point presentation - to have my notes right there on the phone in my hand - and it wouldn't connect. It had worked the night before, but I was sitting right by the computer.

I'm using a SE w600i. My brother says he has a similar problem with his Treo. The error I get on my phone is "The computer is not reachable. Is Bluetooth on?" Yes, Bluetooth is on.

Any other ideas on how to diagnose this?

Thanks!
offyonder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: w600i Recall? Reply with quote

Just found this forum, it looks like there might be a batch of w600i's with screwy BT issues.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=953726

I'm working on contacting Cingular to see if I can get swapped.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: w600i Recall? Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="offyonder"]Just found this forum, it looks like there might be a batch of w600i's with screwy BT issues.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=953726

I'm working on contacting Cingular to see if I can get swapped.[/quote]
roger_hj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
I do feel like i have the same problem with my SE K800i.
Does anyone know if this is a problem on that modell as well?

Thanks
-RH
offyonder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Swap Fixed It Reply with quote

Thanks for reminding me Roger... I did get my phone (w600i) swapped under warranty with Cingular and my BT range is back in the game. Not sure about your model Roger, maybe try the same thing. See if you can get a new one. Ciao!

Last edited by offyonder on Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
roger_hj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What range should i expect on my SE and macbook.
Right now it is about 6ft i would say.
offyonder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Range - 10m? Reply with quote

I think the range should be about 10 meters (30ft)... line of sight. Less if going through walls and such. I've not systematically tested my range out... I'm sure it will come up next time I do a slideshow presentation.
hht311

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth Range Reply with quote

Bluetooth range varies depending on the CLASS of the devices. There are 3 classes of Bluetooth: Class 1 has a range of about 100 meters (330 feet). Class 2 has a range of about 10 meters (33 feet) Class 3 has a range of about 1 meter (3 feet).
The range of class 2 devices can [b]sometimes[/b] be extended if they connect to a class 1 transceiver, compared to pure class 2 network. This is because of the higher sensitivity and transmitter power of the Class 1 device.

I hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: