FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

BlackBerry Pearl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justinhcohen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: One more for Blackberry Pearl Reply with quote

Hi! Thank you for working on support for the Blackberry Pearl. It's a fantastic phone and would be even more so with the Clicker. Thanks!
Justin
skaupert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Adding my vote for the Pearl Reply with quote

I'm still a big clicker fan from way back when, but once my t68 gave up the ghost, I've been out of luck. I've been using a Pearl for almost a year now, and I have to say it's by far the best phone I've ever owned. small, smart, versatile, solid. The best.

I'd be thrilled to be able to use clicker with it!
sasnak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: clicker on my pearl Reply with quote

I just wanted to let you know that the pearl is a great phone and I would love to be able to use your software on it.
m0nkyman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Another BB user begging for support Reply with quote

Been a customer since 2004, previously with SE phones, but have now moved on to blackberries, with my 8310 and my wife owning a pearl. Support for the BB's would be just peachy!
blaney

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Clicker Rocks the House Reply with quote

Just switched to a BB Pearl last week.javascript:emoticon(':)') Had a Moto SLVR and a SE T610 prior and both handled Clicker fantastically. Alas, now I've got a great phone, but no clicker.javascript:emoticon(':?') Jonas, we know you're working on it, and we're trying to be patient, but think of the flood of money that will pour in once you support the BBs.javascript:emoticon(':shock:') Christmas is right around the corner. [u]Hang in there BB users[/u], I've got a feeling Jonas is on the case. :) :)
Xyxyll

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to post my support for BlackBerry compatibility with the Clicker software (both Windows and Mac). I've heard great things about the software and am upset to discover it is not compatible with my new BlackBerry Pearl 8130.

I understand the logistics behind giving ETAs (I refuse to give them in my PD business), so my questions to you are these:

Simply put, will BlackBerry compatibility come to Clicker? I know that you were previously waiting for JSR82 support, but to my knowledge it is now available on most or all BlackBerrys. Is there anything else you need from the manufacturer to successfully implement the BB into the software? Have you begun the process of adding BlackBerry support?

I appreciate your consideration in this matter, and I hope that the overwhelming support from this thread is a strong enough indicator of your great market opportunity with BlackBerrys.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the new Blackberries do support JSR-82, there's a problem with the non-standard UI mechanism of the BB devices. Also, I'm unsure of how well JSR-82 work here; last time I had a chance to check, it wasn't working right (but that may very well be fixed now). Further, it's difficult to get ahold of development devices without a contract here.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Xyxyll"]I would also like to post my support for BlackBerry compatibility with the Clicker software (both Windows and Mac). I've heard great things about the software and am upset to discover it is not compatible with my new BlackBerry Pearl 8130.

I understand the logistics behind giving ETAs (I refuse to give them in my PD business), so my questions to you are these:

Simply put, will BlackBerry compatibility come to Clicker? I know that you were previously waiting for JSR82 support, but to my knowledge it is now available on most or all BlackBerrys. Is there anything else you need from the manufacturer to successfully implement the BB into the software? Have you begun the process of adding BlackBerry support?

I appreciate your consideration in this matter, and I hope that the overwhelming support from this thread is a strong enough indicator of your great market opportunity with BlackBerrys.[/quote]
Xyxyll

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it's any measure, I tested a similar software (remote control software) that utilized JSR-82 to successfully communicate between my BlackBerry and a PC. This software, however, was not optimized for BlackBerry controls (trackball and a BB's lack of softkeys) and thus was not user-friendly at all. Like previously mentioned, a BlackBerry Salling Clicker would be much more ideal.

Again, I strongly appreciate your efforts, and I eagerly await a BlackBerry Salling Clicker!
Ryan1524

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about using WiFi? has this been explored?
dmmcintyre3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: BlackBerry support Reply with quote

I am eather going to buy a Treo 700p or a blackberry and the only thing keeping me from getting a BlackBerry is salling clicker I want a BlackBerry more
Xyxyll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas,

Any updates regarding a BlackBerry Salling Clicker?
Jaunty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Blackberry support... Reply with quote

Looks like I'm going to move to a Blackberry through work...Salling Clicker woud be nice :)
TBCuthbert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: JSR82 support on blackberry now available Reply with quote

It looks like JSR82 support on blackberry has been there since April 2007. http://www.blackberry.com/developers/newsletter/apr2007/index.htm

Is this what you have been waiting for? I have an bb88200 and would liek to be using salling software
fredhag

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Been Waiting for Clicker to Support Blackberry Reply with quote

I had been coming back every few weeks to a month to check for Blackberry support and the forum. Now that the line saying they've been looking into Blackberry support is now way over a year old, I've given up. I've registered with the forum jsut long enough to post this and I've taken Clicker off my list of cool gadgets because there is obviously nowhere near the development resources that other tools have. I'm not a programmer by any means, and I've written a couple Blackberry things.
mjustins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: It Does Work Reply with quote

I was able to load the JAR/JAD files from www.salling.com/ota on my Blackberry Pearl flip. It connects to the computer and works very well, except for the two soft key buttons (no blackberry equivalent). I'm looking for a key combination to mimick the softkeys, but no luck as yet. Phone events aren't supported, but I can still use the ball and click to scroll through, play and pause itunes. The number keys also work as the D-Pad, so I can rate, and I've been able to fast forward and rewind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: