FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Samsung A701

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R00B0y

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Samsung A701 Reply with quote

Good day.. first of all I have to say this has been the best piece of software I have ever come across.. small... cheap... configurable... AND it works! Now if only Mac and Windows could do this well.

Now for my question:

I wanted to know if anyone has been able to get the software installed on a Samsung A701 handset...

AND

If not, can anyone from SALLING tell me if this phone will be added to the available devices.

Cheers! :D
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a Telstra-specific handset. I don't know whether it works. You could try by pointing the phone's browser to wap.salling.com

Best.
--
Jonas
R00B0y

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas, yes you are correct this is a specific handset to Telstra in Australia. I was able to download and install Clicker 3.5, but I cannot seem to connect. When I attempt to connect I get an immediate message that says "Device Inquiry Failed"

I have tried to set the platform to Samsung under the settings menu, and also "Auto-Detect" but I get the same error either way... Any suggestions?

I am connecting to an HP NC6400 laptop with an HP integrated Bluetooth module.

I also have an IPAQ HW6965 that I use currently, and this connects fine to the HP laptop.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

The reason I want to try the Samsung, is that when the Salling Clicker is running on the IPAQ the back light stays on constantly, and subsequently drain the battery very quickly. If you have any ideas on how I can get the back light to turn off a few seconds after the last key is pressed that could be easier than getting the A701 connected.

Thanks for your assistance.. and this is seriously the best piece of software that I use.. though I am sure you hear this a lot.

Cheers from Canberra Australia
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, it sounds like the Samsung A701 lacks JSR-82 support in its Java, which means we can't get to the Bluetooth functions (resulting in the error you're getting).

As for backlight on the Pocket PC, my recommendation for you to dim it manually when you need to. Unfortunately, Pocket PC manufacturers deal with backlight/sleep/suspend in many different ways from a programming standpoint, so it's non-trivial to (1) make sure vital parts of the device don't fall alseep while (2) letting the backlight do so.

Best.
--
Joas
R00B0y

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jonas, and yes you are right Pocket PC manufacturers definately have different ideas on the standards for their devices and the integration with Windows Pocket PC/WM5

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: