FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

[script] MediaMonkey Remote 2.0.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
val580

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ! I tried MM3 with your script , but when I hit "MM remote" , I get "error" on my screen. The start and close script works.I use n95 and windows vista.thx
simbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="val580"]Hello ! I tried MM3 with your script , but when I hit "MM remote" , I get "error" on my screen. The start and close script works.I use n95 and windows vista.thx[/quote]
Please can you take a look in your Clicker logs (right click on the Clicker icon on your taskbar and select "Open Script Log" and see if there are any errors in there relating to the script. Also, what is the exact error you're receiving on screen? Thanks.
dnmtsn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for updating the script. I find the following problems with it (don't know if they are bugs)
1. When i get out of the script it shuts down MM. Most annoying, as I am getting out of the script to change the system volume (I am using airfoil to stream to airport express).
2. When browsing by artist, all composers are also listed. Is this a feature? I don't like it if it is...
3. When selecting "play now", playback starts but clicker only returns to the list of tracks instead of going back to "now playing". You have to go back through several screens manually.
simbo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dnmtsn"]1. When i get out of the script it shuts down MM. Most annoying, as I am getting out of the script to change the system volume (I am using airfoil to stream to airport express).[/quote]
If you start MediaMonkey before going into the Remote script, or use the Start MediaMonkey script, you won't have this issue. This is a problem with the way MM is instantiated and is unlikely to change.
[quote]2. When browsing by artist, all composers are also listed. Is this a feature? I don't like it if it is...[/quote]
If that's right, me neither. Might be a change in the way the new MM3 DB works. I'll take a look into it.
[quote]3. When selecting "play now", playback starts but clicker only returns to the list of tracks instead of going back to "now playing". You have to go back through several screens manually.[/quote]
IIRC there was a discussion about this a while ago. The trouble is, some people like to select multiple tracks before going back to the Now Playing screen, others (like yourself) are more interested in selecting a single track. I may end up having this as a global setting, so you choose how you want the script to respond, or have another option called "Play Now and Return" (or something) along with the "Play Now" option. All opinions welcome.
dnmtsn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simbo, thanks for the fast reply. You are right, problem 1 is solved if I use start MM. Regarding how artists are displayed, there's another thing that would be nice; the winamp plugin has this - when returning to browse by artist it takes you to last artist browsed, instead of starting with the top of the list everytime you go back like your plugin does.

If you could fix 3 as you said that would be fantastic!

And another thing - when browsing by genre, after you choose a genre al songs are listed; do you think you could make it so it lists all artists? Like MM does?

Overall I just want to thank you again for doing this plugin, I find it really usefull even with these minor quirks.
val580

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello , my error was "Thu Jan 17 23:51:13 2008
MediaMonkey Remote - Erreur d'exécution Microsoft JScript
[Line: 254 (17)] 'MM.Player' a la valeur Null ou n'est pas un objet."

But tonight I retried it and it works perfectly !!! I don't know why , but it's fine now. Thx for the script !!
jonkol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Works good! Reply with quote

Hi,

Another report of the new script working good. Great job!
The only issue I have found is that when you do searches/browsing there are a number of blank lines as the first result. Depening on what you have in the database the first screen you get up may be totally blank! First I thought something was broken, but I just had to scroll down a few lines and there was the "real content"

Also as I wrote earlier: Would love to have the MediaMonkey features "Play more of this artist" and "Play more from this album" implemented.

Thanks for an excellent script!

/Jonas
pfrench69

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Im using MM 3, Salling clicker 3.5 and MM Remote 2.0.0 on Windows XP and Nokia N95.
When I try to use MM Remote on the phone I get error message
"Automation server can't create object". I can run other scripts from the phone ok.
I have checked the script error log but there is nothing listed in it.
simbo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pfrench69"]Hi,
Im using MM 3, Salling clicker 3.5 and MM Remote 2.0.0 on Windows XP and Nokia N95.
When I try to use MM Remote on the phone I get error message
"Automation server can't create object". I can run other scripts from the phone ok.
I have checked the script error log but there is nothing listed in it.[/quote]
Hi, have you tried this?
http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4140
pfrench69

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simbo, yes I have tried that. I have also tried re installing Windows script 5.6. Still the same problem.
Mike1002

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, only just recently found this script, and from what ive seen, its ace :)

I ran into a problem though, i installed 2.5.5 on my U3 memory stick, and now whenever i try and use my PDA to launch mediamonkey (start) - then it tries to find the version on my memory stick [which isnt plugged in].
I've tried setting the default player as the MM on my local disk, re-installing it, changing the default path in the .js file to the shortcut in the startmenu, but nothing seems to work.
However, if i use the remote, then in launched up just fine.

It wouldnt bother me, but the only thing is, it wont pause when im on a call or anything.

I've tried deleting the script, and putting it in the default scripts section, but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers, Mike.

PS. Just a note, i tried changing the default location of MM to the non-skinned version, and now whenever i launch the remote, thats the version it uses, but i've changed the default location in the script file.
simbo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mike1002"]I ran into a problem though, i installed 2.5.5 on my U3 memory stick, and now whenever i try and use my PDA to launch mediamonkey (start) - then it tries to find the version on my memory stick [which isnt plugged in].
I've tried setting the default player as the MM on my local disk, re-installing it, changing the default path in the .js file to the shortcut in the startmenu, but nothing seems to work.
However, if i use the remote, then in launched up just fine.[/quote]
My guess is that the Windows shell (which is where the script picks up the MM executable) still thinks MM is installed on your USB stick. Using regedit, go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MediaMonkey.File\Shell\1Play\Command" and see if the path to MM is right.
Mike1002

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sorted it, excellent thanks! :)

Great script, absolutely excellent :)

Thanks for the help, Mike.
jonte2008

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Automation server can't create object Reply with quote

I'm running Vista Ultimate, Salling Clicker 3.5, and MM 2.0 script and had the issue with the "Automation server can't create object" popping up on my phone when trying to use the Media Monkey remote.

It was solved by starting the Salling Clicker with the "Run as Administrator" option.

I guess the scripting has some issues with the user privileges.

Anyone knows how to solve this to not have to run the Clicker SW as admin?

/Jonas
simbo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started experiencing the same issue, but resolved it by running [i]MediaMonkey[/i] as Administrator. I'll need to look into it but I'm not sure what I can do from a scripting point of view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: