FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Wake-On-Lan: Remotely Turn your computer on, even if shutdwn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soldstatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Wake-On-Lan: Remotely Turn your computer on, even if shutdwn Reply with quote

I know wake on lan has been around a long time, but I'd like to get it working so that I can turn my computer on from my phone (which fyi is an n95).

I'm thinking about writing a program that will do WOL for symbian s60 sepcifically, but if we write it in java or something it could work on lots of things. Is anyone willing to help me out?

I haven't used Java much lately. I was thinking that maybe as a start we could work on getting this feature built into salling clicker's phone client program. I mean, how many times have you been sitting in the living room, ready to control your media center with your phone, giant bowl of popcorn in your lap, arm around the girl (or your mom), ready to show her how cool and techy smart and geeky you are, and then you gotta get back up to turn the computer on first.

Granted it only really works if the computer you're turning on is connected to the net via a hardwired ethernet cable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: