FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Silly reference question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firephreek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Silly reference question Reply with quote

So, just downloaded and purchased, love the program so far, but I want to get into the scriping. I've read through the API, looked at some of the existing scripts, but, I can't for the life of me seem to understand what calls can be made once I get an object back from a call like CreateMediaPlayerScreen.

Foreexample, there's the Update function that can get called, and it's updated every so often...there's the KeyDown function for the CreateKeyboardScreen call, and I just don't know where these are coming from. Which ones do I have available? does this make sense?

For example:
mediaPlayer = CreateMediaplayerScreen( "myMediaPlayer_");

//then I define a function to take advantage of the 'update' property.
function myMediaPlayer_Update(){
var i = 1+1;
}
firephreek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: still looking Reply with quote

and I haven't figured it out, though, re-reading the above, I think I mean to say the 'event' and not the 'property'. That's what I'm looking for, right?

The defined function (myMediaPlayer_Update) in the above example is a combination of the my object name (as a prefix) appended by the Salling Clicker Event it's supposed to respond to, right? So, where can I find out about these events and which ones I can expect/take advantage of? and what parameters they need?

function myMediaPlayer_KeyDown....
function myMediaPlayer_Update...
function myMediaPlayer_SillyFace....
function myMediaPlayer_bsod...
firephreek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: nobody? Reply with quote

Almost 100 views and nobody can answer this question? I'm starting to wonder if I should've purchased this program. :-( Not because I'm not getting help, but because I don't know if I'm going to be able to script it the way I really need to. Somebody, just point me to an API or RFC to find out how and where these events are being generated, per favore
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're pretty much spot-on in your observations so far. For further understanding, I recommend checking these resources out:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2930
(very basic; perhaps too basic)

http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/APIDocs/html/index.html
(describes properties, not the "events" you're asking about)

For "mediaplayer" object events, here are the ones you'll find used in the iTunes controller script:

function mediaPlayer_Update(theScreen)
function mediaPlayer_ValueUpdated(theScreen, property)
function mediaPlayer_Exit(theScreen)
function mediaPlayer_KeyDown(theScreen, theKey)
function mediaPlayer_KeyRepeat(theScreen, theKey)
function mediaPlayer_KeyUp(theScreen, theKey)

Where:

theScreen = the widget object sending the event (usually, you'd know what object this is already, as you control what widgets will use this callback function)

theKey = a string representing the a key on the device

property = { None = 0, Value = 1, ListeningVolume = 2, SelectedItem = 3, PlayheadPosition = 4 }

--

I really recommend you check out the scripts that come with the product; the source code is there for you to inspect (right-click and select Open), and it does something useful (which is not always true for contrived sample/tutorial code).

Best of luck!
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: