FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Clicker only bluetooth service available on WM6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaquesy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Clicker only bluetooth service available on WM6 Reply with quote

Hi,

Prior to installing Salling Clicker on my WM6 HTC TyTN, I have access to a number of bluetooth profile on my Windows Mobile device (including Bluetooth DUN, OBEX Exchange etc.) - this allows me to connect Vista to the device via Bluetooth PAN.

However, after installing Salling Clicker on my mobile device, the only service which Vista reports as available on the phone is Salling Clicker. When I next attempt to connect my device via the Bluetooth PAN, Vista states the device is not compatible.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any workarounds? If I uninstall clicker, the previous Bluetooth services re-appear.

Paul
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

This isn't something I've had reported before.

Best.
--
Jonas
jaquesy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - so I have a Lenovo X61s which has the Broadcom Bluetooth Stack, and a HTC Tytn with WM6. Without clicker, I can see all available services on my device - when Clicker is installed, I can only see the Clicker service.

Is there any reason why this may be? Clicker is a great product, but I may have to install it if I can't use the PAN service anymore :-(
Paul
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the problem is with the Broadcom stack on your X61s or with the HTC.

I've got a WM6 HTC 710 here, and I cannot verify the problem when sniffing for services with a Mac (I can see "FTP", "OBEX Push", and "Salling Clicker" on the phone).

You may want to try turning of Salling Clicker's listener on the phone. This will remove the "Salling Clicker" Bluetooth service:

Salling Clicker -> Menu -> Settings -> Stop Listening

This setting persists across device restarts and should let you work around the issue without having to uninstall our software.

Best.
--
Jonas
jaquesy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I stop the Clicker client listening on my TyTN then I can once again see all of the other services on my X61s. That however means that I can no longer connect via Bluetooth from my phone to the laptop (option is greyed out).

Does this mean I can no longer use bluetooth as a means of connection and I'm limited (!!) to Wi-Fi alone?

Thank for your help so far.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, this indicates a problem with your PC's service scanning. Not sure what to do about it.

You don't need to stop using Bluetooth to connect. Just make sure to stop listening in Clicker when you need to use DUN, for instance.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="jaquesy"]If I stop the Clicker client listening on my TyTN then I can once again see all of the other services on my X61s. That however means that I can no longer connect via Bluetooth from my phone to the laptop (option is greyed out).

Does this mean I can no longer use bluetooth as a means of connection and I'm limited (!!) to Wi-Fi alone?

Thank for your help so far.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: