FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Remove Any Volume Control Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sebconn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Remove Any Volume Control Options Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just bought Sailing Clicker for Windows, very happy with it, works perfectly. One thing I would like to do however is remove all traces of any volume control from the client. I tried removing the Set System Volume folder from the default scripts directory. But when in the iTunes controller on the PDA client, the up and down controls of the PDA-N still adjust the volume.

The reason I want to remove the volumes settings is I'm using iTunes with an Airport Express to send my audio to the stereo in the lounge room. When iTunes is a full volume you tend to get certain pops and cracks, very loud pops and cracks, which could potentially damage the speakers. So I want to idiot proof the sailing client so some doofus at parties can't crank the volume to full and blow the speakers.

Cheers,
sebconn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Sussed it out myself, for anyone else that's keen to know, I commented out the following in the iTunes remote script.

//function changeVolume(delta)
//{
// // Change volume by delta
// var soundVolume = iTunes.SoundVolume + delta;
//
// iTunes.mute = false;
//
// if (soundVolume < 0) {
// soundVolume = 0;
// } else if (soundVolume > 100) {
// soundVolume = 100;
// }
//
// iTunes.SoundVolume = soundVolume;
//
// if (soundVolume == 0) {
// ShowMessage("iTunes", Mute, soundVolume);
// } else {
// ShowMessage("iTunes", Volume, soundVolume);
// }
//}
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: