FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Office 2008, OSX 10.5.3 & W880i

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoughtbubble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Office 2008, OSX 10.5.3 & W880i Reply with quote

From a great syncing combo I now find that... OSX 10.5.3 kills MobileSync even before it can load. Even if it didn't Office 2008 won't work as it uses a different dataset now. But wait, there's hope, is 'seamlessly' syncs with iCal so I can use iSync yes? No! iSync 3 doesn't support my Sony Ericsson W880i.

What a waste of money and time upgrading everything....

I'd happily pay double for a version of MobileSync that worked, just like it used to... sigh.
Thoughtbubble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Update... Reply with quote

Not sure if I can post this here, but I've found the solution - a very nice man called David Forster who wrote an iSync plugin that works with 10.5 and iSync 3.02 for the W880i - use the 'experimental' version - it works.

[url]http://www.davidforster.com/2007/02/26/w880_isync_plugin/[/url]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Office 2008 removed the interface we had for dealing with the Entourage DB.

With iSync available now, I cannot justify the significant work effort required to support Office 2008.

With that in mind, I have no problem with you posting that link.

Best.
--
Jonas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: