FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Discovering if a Window is visible or not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
operaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Discovering if a Window is visible or not Reply with quote

There's some really cool, fundamental concepts I think I'm missing and ANY help on pointing me in the right direction is MUCH appreciated!

One program I'm trying to write a Clicker control script for tends to keep 2 "top level" (hope I'm using that term correctly) windows open.
At any given time, only one of these windows is visible.
When you toggle the mode of the program, it hides the currently active window and makes the other window visible.

These 2 windows have different classes and I can find their handles using FindWindow.

It seems to hide a window, the "style" "WS_VISIBLE" is added to the window.

---
Using Clicker's Javascript engine, how can I check to see what styles a given window has and how can I add/remove those styles?
---

I think the Windows API WHND object has a "ModifyStyle" function, but I don't see how that helps me -- Clicker's "FindWindow" returns an "HRESULT" object and I don't know how to make my Javascript aware of the "WHND" object and how to turn my HRESULT into a WHND.

Again, thanks so much in advance for any pointers in dealing with window styles via Clicker or (even better) how to use the Windows API directly in Javascript.

PS: how does Clicker's Javascript work? Does Clicker have its own interpreter? Or is it using the same one IE uses?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: