FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

WinampV3.0 script - lyrics, reviews, discography, cover art
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milleph

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: WinampV3.0 script - lyrics, reviews, discography, cover art Reply with quote

Here's a new version of Winamp (V3.0) with a whole host of web related features.

- lyrics direct from LyricWiki.org (ie. dropped LyricGrabber)
- album reviews from Amazon
- user reviews from Amazon
- discography from Rhapsody
- auto fetch album cover art from Amazon

It's by no means perfect, but nor is the data from Amazon or Rhapsody at times. It obviously requires that you have a working internet connection. You will need to register with Amazon Web Services to get an ID and then put that (in quotes) near the beginning of the script.

The album cover art functionality is now as follows:

- will look for any JPG file in the relevant folder
- if none found then will auto fetch from Amazon and save it as Amazon-Large.jpg, Amazon-Medium.jpg or Amazon-Small.jpg depending on which one it finds.
- have also added a Get All Cover Art option to the main menu. Be patient. This will run through your media library and pull the jpg for every album.

I am currently working on making all of the web calls asynchronous. They are at present synchronous so every now and again (infrequently) things will hang for a while as the web server is slow in responding. Generally speaking though things are quick.

For other script writers you may find the amazon/rhapsody code useful for your applications.... ie other music control programs or for movie reviews.....

Don't forget to get an AMAZON_ID - google Amazon Web Services and register....

Enjoy

Phil

WinampV3.0.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WinampV3.0.zip
 Filesize:  14.95 KB
 Downloaded:  2546 Time(s)

tofik69

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Problem with winamp scripts Reply with quote

Hi! I have problem with winamp scripts. When i try to search any track/artist/album via "search" option, Clicker with winamp v.3.0 shows message:

"Query returned no results: (type=0) && (artist HAS "anything-I-typed")"

Earlier versions of Clicker after typing text, and clicking OK just go back to menu. Does anyone know how to find track in Clicker?

Thanks!
milleph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: problem Reply with quote

Did everything work fine with WinampV2.0? Nothing really changed in the search/browse area between V2.0 and V3.0 so I'm wondering if something else has changed.

I know there's a new version of Winamp out - V5.54. Did you upgrade to that? I have not had a chance to test it yet. Can you verify that the V2.0 script runs OK whether you upgraded Winamp or not.

Also, can you post the last few entries in the Clicker log script. Right click on the clicker icon in the tray and open the log.

Phil
milleph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: V5.54 works fine Reply with quote

Just tried 5.54 and it works fine for me with script V3.0.
tofik69

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Still gota problem... Reply with quote

Yep, I have 5.54 version of winamp. But it didn't work with any version of script, not only v3.0. May it be fault of my phone software? I did reboot of my computer and phone, but nothing changed. Any ideas?
milleph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

1. have you ever had it working properly?
2. do you have active winamp plugin installed?
3. please post the clicker log

That's all i can think of for now.
tofik69

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

No, it didn't work properly ever. Winamp shows, that I have installed active winamp plugin ver. 1.0, but when I want to reinstall it, installer shows message, that he can't open gen_activewa.dll. I can't also uninstall it. Nothing changes after reinstalling winamp.

Where can I find Clicker log? How to post it? <green> :-P
milleph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: re: problem Reply with quote

You need to get the active winamp plugin functioning properly or nothing will work. Forget the clicker log for now - just focus on active winamp. I never had an issue installing it - I would just delete the dll from the winamp plugins directory and try reinstalling. If that doesn't work try and get some help on the winamp forums.

Phil
milleph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Clicker log Reply with quote

I would also post the clicker log..... go to the clicker icon in the tray by the system clock. Right click on the mouse and select something like 'open log'. Shoould open up a text file, probably in notepad. Save it somewhere and then attach it to your reply. There's a browse button below where you type a response. Select the file you just saved and then hit 'Add attachment'.
milleph

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: any feedback? Reply with quote

you're a quiet bunch....
Swade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !!

Would it be possible to modify the "browse" option (or add an other option) in order to actually browse folders and not browse the WA library (which i find not practical at all)...

And and other slight problem i'm having: in each of my folders i have a folder.jpg in order to display the album art... but it doesn't display on my cell phone... any idea ?
milleph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologies for the slow response - i'm not sure about the jpg issue. i've only tested this myself on an ipaq pocket pc which has a larger screen - if the screen is too small the image will not show.

I'm interested in why you feel the need to browse folders. can you give a specific example of how browsing folders is better than using the browse function in the app.

thx
phil
peterdua

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case the folder contains more then one album, the current version of the WinAmp V3 plugin will not retrieve the correct artwork for the song being played. One potential solution is to replace the current function _getCoverArt(mediaItem) with something like this instead:

function _getCoverArt(mediaItem)
{
var f,fc,s,k,v,a;
var fList = new Array();
var folder = mediaItem.Filename + "\\..";

f = App.fso.GetFolder(folder);
fc = new Enumerator(f.files);

for (; !fc.atEnd(); fc.moveNext())
{
s = "" + fc.item();
k = s.substring(s.length-4,s.length);
if (k.toLowerCase() == ".jpg")
fList.push(s);
}

// now have a list of available jpg files...
// take the first for now..
// PETER - Updated to work also with multiple albums and potential multiple jpg files in one folder
// to first look in this order for:
// 1) exact match of the song's album name with jpg file name (<album>.jpg)
// 2) matching album name as substring of jpg file name (f.e. <artist>-<album>.jpg or <album>-<artist>.jpg or...)
// 3) folder.jpg
// 4) otherwise the first jpg file
var file = "";
k="";

if (fList.length > 0)
{
for( var i = 0; (i < fList.length) && (k!=".jpg") ; i++ ) // exit if exact match!
{
s = fList[i].toLowerCase();
v = s.split("\\");
s = v[v.length-1];
a = mediaItem.Album.toLowerCase();
k = _removeSubstring( s, a);
//ShowMessage( "s:"+s+" a:"+a+" k:" +k)

if (k ==".jpg") //1)exact match
file = fList[i];

if ( k != s ) //2)Substring match
file = fList[i];

if ((file == "") && (s == "folder.jpg")) //3)Folder match
file = fList[i];
}
if (file == "") //4)First File
file = fList[0];
}
else
{
file = _fetchAmazonArt(mediaItem);
}

return file;
}
kausti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this. Why isnt it possible to select ALL songs from EVERY artist in winamp? Or at least ALL songs from ONE artist. I would really appriciate that :)

Great script though :D
nitrous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for the script. I'm having several issues/questions about it. I have Nokia 5800 (S60v5) with clicker v3.5 and Winamp 5.541. I have installed Active Winamp last version and v3 of your script. However only basic functions are working - playlist view and maybe options menu. For example on search I get this error: Query returned no results: (type = 0) && (artist HAS "Metallica") and similar on other items. Also I don't know if there are winamp controls on the main screen (back/next, play/stop/pause) - I don't have. Could you add these controls to main(status) screen - it would be really helpful. Also can you make support for Mini Lyrics, .lrc synchronized lyrics? Also when shuffle is enabled it shows that next song is the next song in playlist, which is incorrect.
Thank you in advance.

SuperScreenshot0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.53 KB
 Viewed:  28921 Time(s)

SuperScreenshot0002.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: