FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Appetite for a Rhapsody script

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milleph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Appetite for a Rhapsody script Reply with quote

I wanted to gauge interest in a full featured script to control rhapsody. I happen to love this service, despite the compression, because of the instant access to so much material. With the iriver clix as a portable device it’s near perfect for me and any files downloaded to the clix can also be added to your winamp library (on the same computer) in an instant and then controlled easily with the winampv2.0 script or any of its predecessors.

The real key though is a rhapsody script - searching their database and playing any album, track, playlist or channel. I currently have the ability to search on an artist, show their discography and play any album but control is limited. I can display the album cover, title, reviews, lyrics etc, but the full version would be very powerful indeed – seamless music searching and playback with rich info and control as per winampv2.0. To finish this up and release something I have to work with Real to develop a plugin and it MAY involve some expense (beyond my benevolence). Even in its current form it is pretty cool – enter an artist, show all their albums and play, but it needs a lot more work. I’ll probably do it anyway but I’m interested in the appetite out there.

Let me know your thoughts….

Phil
milleph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Well... Reply with quote

5+ weeks and not a single response so I'm glad I didn't start. I did try to establish a developer relationship with Real to get access to the necessary libraries to control Rhapsody. Long story short - they are not interested. They believe firmly in getting music off of the PC/Mac and directly into devices - ie. Sonos and similar devices, and of course cell phones/iphones. While I don't disagree with the validity of these devices (Sonos is awesome) it's a little naive I think to believe that everyone is going to go out and drop $1000 just to listen to their $15/month music subscription when they already have a PC... we agreed to differ and there ended my developer relationship with Real. Gee, I remember when they were a friendly little startup....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: