FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Cannot get Salling on N95 to find computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technolog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Cannot get Salling on N95 to find computer Reply with quote

Hi,

I hope you can help me as this sounds like an amazing product and exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a Nokia N95 v11.0.026 (if this is found in tools/device manager?). I have installed Salling Clicker 3.5.0.860 (Trial version) on the PC and downloaded the application for the N95 to the phone.

I'm trying to connect using wi-fi. I start Clicker on the phone and it connects to my wi-fi network then says 'searching'. After a few seconds it says 'no computers found - search again?'. Clicker is running on the PC - the icon is showing in the sys tray.

I've tried unblocking UDP5353 and TCP513 in my router but I'm not really sure if what I've done is correct:

[img]http://www1.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/132364147d7e43afc6434e89a45d05535g.jpg[/img]

I'm running Zone Alarm (free version) and have tried Clicker with both the router firewall disabled AND Zone Alarm shutdown (briefly!) but still with no success.

I suspect the problems lies in my network configuration - I'm a bit of a networks dummy I'm afraid. I can't even get my printer to share with another PC!

Please help me to get this working!
technolog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone offer any help please?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at all familiar with the router you have there, but it appears to me that your problem is likely due to the wifi-router somehow isolating your wired network from the wireless network.

Also, please make sure "Enable TCP/IP Connections" is enabled in the Salling Clicker Settings.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="technolog"]Can anyone offer any help please?[/quote]
technolog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. TCP/IP connections are enabled in Clicker on the PC.

I seem to have sorted out my issues with the home network. My 3 PCs are now able to share documents and can print to a networked printer. This includes my laptop which is connected wirelessly and working fine through the router to the cabled network PCs.

Clicker on my N95 connects to my wireless network and NOW it finds my desktop PC. But when I click 'connect' it fails after a few seconds saying 'No response from host. Please check firewall on the target computer'.

I have tried it with my firewall (ZoneAlarm) shutdown and Windows Firewall is also off but I still get the same message.

So I'm edging nearer - are you able to push me over the finishing line?!

Regards

Jack
technolog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more help?
technolog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So obviously the reason no one is offering any more help is that the 'teaser' posts refer to a brilliant new product that will do the same job as Clicker but 10x better and will work first time with no problems whatsoever?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Nope, the new product is completely unrelated. Sorry for not helping you out earlier.

Did you make sure to remove all references to port 52131 from your router's settings?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="technolog"]So obviously the reason no one is offering any more help is that the 'teaser' posts refer to a brilliant new product that will do the same job as Clicker but 10x better and will work first time with no problems whatsoever?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: