FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

SE w810i question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidfreels

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: SE w810i question. Reply with quote

Jonas,

Why can't iTunes playlists be re-created on a w810i?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: SE w810i question. Reply with quote

This phone does not care for any type of playlist object we send to it.

Cheers.
--
Jonas

[quote="davidfreels"]Jonas,

Why can't iTunes playlists be re-created on a w810i?[/quote]
davidfreels

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What is a 'playlist object'?

2. Does ITuneMyWalkman create playlists?

3. I've tried to use ITuneMyWalkman, but it won't even start the program or load the scripts in 10.5. It says "boolean error."

It looked like too much work and too much confusion in 10.4 so I never used it.

I finally paid $10 for EasyListening a couple of weeks ago, but it puts all the music files in the w810's folder "MP3" on the memory card. Songs in the MP3 folder have no order by album or artist or anything. It's just all piled in there. Everything is alphabetical by song title. While loading via EasyListening there's no way to tell what's going on. It doesn't have a working progress bar. You can't tell if or when the operation is complete.

Playback was horrible. It kept jumping to 10-second parts of one song after another--no matter what the song was. That's when I learned my phone can't handle a memory card larger than 4 GB, and I had put in an 8 GB card that I got on eBay for a deal. Some deal.

So I put my old 2 GB back in and tried EasyListening again, but everything was still in the MP3 folder. I connected to my Mac and moved everything to the "music" folder. The w810's Walkman app said something like 'Files not recognizable. You must have used a program besides Disc2Phone. Reinstall using Disc2Phone."

So I once again tried SonyEricsson's Window's-based Disc2Phone. This time the newer 1.5 on my Windows desktop. Once complete, I then connected the phone on my Mac and via Finder put songs in order by placing 01, 02, 03, 04 in front of the titles etc.

Still no album playlist order.

The very next day you launched Media Sync. I've wanted to try it. Sometime. But I've spent so much time on this the last few weeks that I'm hesitant.

Right now I do have playlists via the respective albums and by artists, It's just that the albums themselves are not in their original order. It's the most-livable-with circumstance so far. I can't playback Abbey Road in the order it was created to be played back in, but I've already heard that album 10 million times. It's irritating.

Question. Does Media Sync put songs in SE's (apparently) proprietary 'music' folder or the one for us peasants, the MP3 folder?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

You ask many questions, some of which I cannot answer.

I suggest you give my app a try. It shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to figure out if it does what you want or not, and it won't cost you anything.

However, you won't get playlists on this phone (like I said, it is not possible to add playlists on the phone from a computer; the playlists on the phone can only be created *on* the phone, manually).

Unless I'm mistaken, Media Sync will put your music here:

/audio/{artist}/{album}

This should make the phone sort out the albums and artists, so it can be found relatively easily.

Of course, newer phones offer more features, such as playlists and perhaps more importantly faster transfer rates. But there you have it. I hope it helped!

Best.
--
Jonas
davidfreels

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Creating ordered playlists on the w810i Reply with quote

Jonas,

I found an AppleScript-made app called Join Together that joins iTunes songs together as one continuous song. It works great, and it's freeware. http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/jointogether.php

As soon as I put my Beatles albums together I'll try Media Sync.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: