FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

[script] MediaMonkey Remote 2.0.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I got this error "automationserver error on my Nokia N82". This is when I start Mediamonkey remote. I tried the regsvr thing, I installed all new. And I have it run on my old Notebook on Vista home premium, the new one has Vista Ultimate.

All other functions run correctly.

EDIT
Could .Net be an issue?

EDIT
Seems I got the point, I run the program as Administrator and the error just disappeared all set now.

Any hints on that? I'm really helpless.
thanks
peter
ma7ija

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: No volume control with MM on Samsung omnia Reply with quote

Hello! I'm using MM script for a long time, now i changed the phone with Samsung omnia.
It's a touch screen device but has no butons to [b]set the volume[/b] on MM script!
I'm very unhappy!
Is there maybe a solution?

Thank's for replies!

Ma7ija :cry:
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: No volume control with MM on Samsung omnia Reply with quote

That'd be up to me to fix. Until recently, all Windows Mobile touch devices had a 4-way controller. Not so anymore, it seems.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="ma7ija"]Hello! I'm using MM script for a long time, now i changed the phone with Samsung omnia.
It's a touch screen device but has no butons to [b]set the volume[/b] on MM script!
I'm very unhappy!
Is there maybe a solution?

Thank's for replies!

Ma7ija :cry:[/quote]
ma7ija

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: No volume control with MM on Samsung omnia Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]That'd be up to me to fix. Until recently, all Windows Mobile touch devices had a 4-way controller. Not so anymore, it seems.

Best.
--
Jonas

Thanks for reply!

Hope you will make something nice.
Would be nice to change the background colour of salling clicker, anything other than white, also.
Whish you a good progres!

Bought already two salling clicker programs and would buy another one!
It is souch a wonderfull software!

Thanks!
Ma7ija
woodentopz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there

thanks for the great script which i use every day. it really does the job.

one problem that i have and im wondering is it fixable...i seem to have encountered a bug when i use the volume element of the MM script from my phone. If i adjust the volume using the mediamonkey remote script (fmor my phone) and then come 'out' and adjust the system volume, Salling Clicker ALWAYS crashes. Any idea what the conflict might be? My system sound plays through a Firewire Solo external card (which also replaces the standard "Sound" control panel with its own version)

Any thoughts (besides he obvious "well, don't adjust the system sound" ;-) which is a pretty reasonable comment...)

thanks for reading.
dreadlox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello simbo! (and others)
The last days I have been playing around with your script for MediaMonkey (v2.0.0 beta 1). Great work! (I had never used MediaMonkey before either and I really like it!)

Now, the thing is that I have made quite a lot of modifications and bug fixes in your scripts, and I suppose you and other users also may be interested in these fixes. But of course I don't want to publish your (modified) scripts without your permission, and perhaps it would be best if I could send you my modified versions so that you can check them and maybe include what you want in your real version (all of it I hope :) I have commented everything I changed/added. I don't want to steal your work in any way, and I have no idea how much time I will have to work on this in the future and fix any problems that might be introduced by my code. (I have tested everything and it seems to work perfectly for me, but you never know what could happen with strangely tagged songs, etc).

This is everything I have changed/fixed in your scripts (the TODO-part last are things that I would like to fix for myself. Maybe I'll implement them, maybe not):

Things changed for my personal preference
==========================================
- Re-arranged the main menu a bit (most common tasks first), and renamed a few items, removed "Rate Song" witch I don't use/want
- Re-arranged the "Browse for Songs"-menu a bit (most common first)
- Renamed some items in the song actions-menu (to make it a bit more clear and consistent)

Bug fixes
- When browsing artists, only list items that are actual Artists (skip Composers, Conductors, etc)
- When browsing albums, do not list albums without a name (my album-list used to start with a lot of empty lines because I had quite a few songs in my library with an AlbumArtist entered, but empty album name)
- When listing albums for an artist, don't display albums where the person is just Composer, etc.
- When listing albums, display "(Unknown Album)" also for albums with empty name to make it a bit more clear
- When listing songs from a specific album, order songs by TrackNumber numerically (track numbers used to be sorted as strings, causing the album to have the wrong track order like 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, ...)
- When listing songs: Don't include the GenreSongs-table in the SQL unless a genreID is supplied. Otherwise songs without a genre set will not be listed at all.
- When listing songs for a specific artist, only include songs that have this person as artist (not composer, etc)
- When listing songs for a specific artist, prevent duplicate entries for songs that have the artist entered in more than one field (like "Artist", "Composer", etc)
- When playing a whole album (adding it to the playlist), make sure it is played in correct TrackOrder
- In "Search for Songs >By Artist" only search on actual artist (skip "Composer", etc)
- In the "Close MediaMonkey"-script, check that MediaMonkey is running before sending Alt-F4. Otherwise a random app will be closed (the one that happened to be active) if MM was not running.

New features
- When browsing albums, also display the AlbumArtist in parenthesis after album name.
- When listing albums for an artist (after selecting "Browse for Songs->By Artist->[Artist name]"), add new item "(All Songs)" first in the list. Selecting this item will display a list of ALL songs (regardless of album) where this person is artist. Makes it possible to view an artist's entire song-list, and also find songs from an artist that have no album name and AlbumArtist entered (wasn't possible before from "browse by artist")
- When listing songs in a specific album, also display the TrackNumbers before each song
- When listing songs in a specific album: added menu-item "Add Album Last" in the song actions-menu. Adds the whole album to the end of the current playlist.
- When starting the MediaMonkey Remote-script, first call the "Start MediaMonkey"-script so that MM is ALWAYS started by the shell. That way you can always back out from MM Remote and disconnect without MM closing on the computer (it makes no sense to have a separate "Start MediaMonkey" in the Salling main-menu I think)

Todo (maybe soon, maybe later, maybe never)
- Would be nice to implement "Play All Now" and "Add All Last" in every song actions-menu (not only when listing a specific album). In that way one could browse to whatever song list and play/add all visible songs in the list regardless of album. E.g. listing "All Songs" from an artist and play them all, etc.
- When playing/adding a whole album to the playlist, prevent duplicate entries of the same song (could happen if there are duplicate copies of the same song in different places on disk, but you usually don't want to have it played twice in the album anyway)
- Implement Shuffle on/off and Repeat on/off from remote
- Maybe add/move some/all of "Browse for Songs >By Artist", "Browse for Songs >By Album" directly to the main-menu for quicker access (I think the menu structure is a bit too deep now. It takes a lot of clicks to add/play songs)

So please reply here if you're interested, and I'll be happy to send my stuff to you!

Regards
Tobias, Sweden
simbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tobias,

Looks like you've made some amazing enhancements (and long-overdue bug fixes!) and I fully support your endeavours.

I haven't had a lot of time to spend on this over the last year and, since I purchased a Squeezebox Controller a few months back, my own needs for a MediaMonkey remote have diminished somewhat.

Based on that, would you be interested in taking over the script completely? It would be a shame to let it die away when there's obviously a demand for it (looking at the number of downloads). If you're happy to take this heavy burden ;-) let me know and I'll edit the OP to point people to your own topic.

If you're not interested, apologies for putting you on the spot (there's no PM function on these forums!).
dreadlox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Ok, no problem! I'm not sure I'll have a lot of time to develop it either, but I agree that it would be a shame to let it die since it's a very useful script.

So I'd be happy to take over it if you like - I'll try my best to support it :) I'll clean it up a bit and fix a few last things, and then I can put it in a new topic here.

/Tobias
simbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All: dreadlox has kindly agreed to take over support for this script. You can find his version, greatly enhanced, on [url=http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6628]this topic[/url]. I'll leave my legacy versions on this topic for prosperity but strongly advise you try out dreadlox's version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: