FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Suggestion: media sync for iPhoto as well?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ooland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Suggestion: media sync for iPhoto as well? Reply with quote

Hi, I was just thinking, could this great utility grow to support iPhoto transfers as well?

It would be great to be able to connect my SE phone with a USB cable and not need to use the mass storage profile, but have it default to media transfer and let this utility sync everything.

Sort of how Nokia Media Transfer works for Nokia phones...

just my 2 cents.
ooland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug a bit into this issue, very briefly, as I started to wonder why my mac's don't see the C702 I'm using as a camera in MTP-mode. Isn't it supposed to be a superset of the PTP protocol, and my Nikon DSLR in PTP shows up just right? I'm missing something here, right?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry for being a bit late in responding to this thread. Photo import and export are both on the road-map for Salling Media Sync.

For now, here's what I recommend for photo import (without having to go through mass storage mode).

1. Connect your phone in Media transfer mode
2. In Media Sync, click "Summary" -> "Browse"
3. In the section where you find your photos, drag the items you want (yes, without thumbnails; this is a non-advertised feature) into the Finder to copy them to your computer.

I hope this works at least as a stop-gap solution for you!

Best.
--
Jonas
ooland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks!

Image Capture actually does recognize the phone to some extent, but iPhoto transfers don't happen.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sort of. Image Capture appears to trigger on the device class ID, and then it crashes (in the background). I recommend turning off the "Open iPhoto when camera is attached" feature in iPhoto.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="ooland"]Great, thanks!

Image Capture actually does recognize the phone to some extent, but iPhoto transfers don't happen.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: