FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Install to Windows Mobile on Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smeg9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Install to Windows Mobile on Vista Reply with quote

Hi,

Windows Vista has built in Windows Mobile Device Manager, and does not have or even accept ActiveSync!

The installer just says that ActiveSync cannot be found, and exits, well of course it can't be found, it's Windows Vista, anyway, the 252KB .tmp file which is created, I tried renaming to CAB and copying to the device, but this does not install.

Is there a CAB file anywhere which can be copied directly to the device, or a Vista compatible installer perhaps?

Thanks.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Install to Windows Mobile on Vista Reply with quote

Hi,

Actually, WMDC is just a new name for ActiveSync, and this should work for you. Early versions of Vista needed a couple of software updates for WMDC to work properly.

I can post a CAB file here, but I need to know what device you're using.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="smeg9"]Hi,

Windows Vista has built in Windows Mobile Device Manager, and does not have or even accept ActiveSync!

The installer just says that ActiveSync cannot be found, and exits, well of course it can't be found, it's Windows Vista, anyway, the 252KB .tmp file which is created, I tried renaming to CAB and copying to the device, but this does not install.

Is there a CAB file anywhere which can be copied directly to the device, or a Vista compatible installer perhaps?

Thanks.[/quote]
smeg9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

It's a TYTN II, so Windows Mobile 6, the set-up file, when I choose HTC TYTN, just says ActiveSync not found.

Anyway, I took the device install exe and found a windows XP machine, and installed it through there, no problems.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you found a work-around.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="smeg9"]Hi Jonas,

It's a TYTN II, so Windows Mobile 6, the set-up file, when I choose HTC TYTN, just says ActiveSync not found.

Anyway, I took the device install exe and found a windows XP machine, and installed it through there, no problems.[/quote]
robin

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, but solved it by running the 6.1 update for Windows Mobile Device Center. After that I could run the .exe installer on the PC and got the mobile client install dialog on my Touch Diamond 2 no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: