FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Salling Media Sync will not start with my Noia E71.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmprofessional

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Salling Media Sync will not start with my Noia E71. Reply with quote

I installed the free copy of Salling Media Sync. It successfully sees my Nokia E71. I see that Salling Media Sync icon in my system tray and it rotates in a clockwise circle, like it it doing something. But it has been doing this for 1 hr. Should it take this long?

1. I do see my E71 in Windows Explorer.
2. I did cold reboot my E71.
3. I have changed USB ports to see if that would help - it didn't.
4. I have Windows XP SP2.
5. I may have about 5GB of songs in iTunes (maybe 30 albums).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Salling Media Sync will not start with my Noia E71. Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

The spinning on connect should be very brief. What is being done at this point is that we're putting a small file on the device to be able to remember it when you plug it in the next time. Also, the iTunes database is parsed (this is a quick affair).

My first and best guess is that your phone doesn't respond properly to our attempt at writing to it.

1. Did you try restarting the phone? (sometimes the "MTP" responder in a device can "die"). [b]EDIT: I'm a fool! ;-) You said you did. Pls move to #2, #3, and #4[/b]

2. You say the phone shows up in Explorer. Did you try navigating through its content (from Explorer)? The mere fact it shows up in Explorer does not necessarily mean it's working properly.

3. Try creating a directory named "Logs" inside the Media Sync application directory. Then restart Media Sync. A log will be written in the Logs dir.

4. What version of Windows Media Player do you have on your computer?

I hope this helps.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="nmprofessional"]I installed the free copy of Salling Media Sync. It successfully sees my Nokia E71. I see that Salling Media Sync icon in my system tray and it rotates in a clockwise circle, like it it doing something. But it has been doing this for 1 hr. Should it take this long?

1. I do see my E71 in Windows Explorer.
2. I did cold reboot my E71.
3. I have changed USB ports to see if that would help - it didn't.
4. I have Windows XP SP2.
5. I may have about 5GB of songs in iTunes (maybe 30 albums).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave[/quote]
nmprofessional

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: #2...
I cannot navigate the items on the E71 via the "MTP Device on Local". It also shows a "Nokia Handset" which I also cannot navigate. Do you know how I can fix this?

RE: #3...
I created this directory just in case it is needed.

RE: #4...
Windows Media Player 11.

<Edited: Added PS>
P.S. When I restart my computer I get a ".net Framework" error with two other programs for video conversion... this has been an error for a while. It may be un-related, but I believe that I read somewhere I may need .net Framework to run Salling? Would thi impact something?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This most certainly means your phone isn't entirely healthy, or that there's something awry with the storage card in the phone.

BTW, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "MTP Device on Local". Nokia Handset would probably be the Explorer node to explore. But seeing that this doesn't work, I guess the semantics don't mean much.

You can probably forget about the .Net issues you're having with these other apps. If Windows isn't picking up the phone, it's not .Net related.

My recommendation:

1. Format the storage card and restart the phone. Or try a different card.
2. If this doesn't work, I think hard resetting the phone would do the trick, but this is probably something we should avoid, if possible.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="nmprofessional"]RE: #2...
I cannot navigate the items on the E71 via the "MTP Device on Local". It also shows a "Nokia Handset" which I also cannot navigate. Do you know how I can fix this?

RE: #3...
I created this directory just in case it is needed.

RE: #4...
Windows Media Player 11.

<Edited: Added PS>
P.S. When I restart my computer I get a ".net Framework" error with two other programs for video conversion... this has been an error for a while. It may be un-related, but I believe that I read somewhere I may need .net Framework to run Salling? Would thi impact something?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: