FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

What's the deal with Toshiba-stack on Vista?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreadlox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: What's the deal with Toshiba-stack on Vista? Reply with quote

Hi!
I just downloaded the latest Toshiba BT-stack (v6.10.10 from here http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download) and installed it on my Vista. Salling Clicker displays the error-dialog saying that the Toshiba-stack has problems and can't be used, but if I DON'T close that error-dialog everything seems to work fine! Salling Clicker runs in the background and the remote seems to work.

BTW the suggested "fix" does not work on my machine (restarting Salling Clicker again) - I get the same error-message every time. I'm logged in with an account that has admin-rights - maybe that's the reason?

Anyway, are the Toshiba-problems fixed in this version? I see that there are also "Fix pack" for Vista for olders versions of the stack. If the problems are fixed now, Salling Clicker should recognize that and not display this error-dialog anymore...

I now have to go back to using the Microsoft BT-stack, but I'd much rather run the Toshiba-stack if possible...

Regards,
Tobias
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tobias,

I think you may be correct. An update to Clicker is long overdue, and this is something that should be addressed.

Best.
--
Jonas
dreadlox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good!

However I just found posts like mine here on this forum, and the same answer from you from as long back as 2007...
Is Salling Clicker for Windows still alive or is it no longer under development? I sure hope it's not dead, because it's a good app! :)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not dead. Please understand that Toshiba made it somewhat difficult in the Vista transition by having this issue in the first place. In my usage statistics, the Vista/Toshiba combination has not been overly popular, which is why this has not yet been addressed.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="dreadlox"]That sounds good!

However I just found posts like mine here on this forum, and the same answer from you from as long back as 2007...
Is Salling Clicker for Windows still alive or is it no longer under development? I sure hope it's not dead, because it's a good app! :)[/quote]
dreadlox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to hear!
I didn't mean to be rude or criticize in any way - your app is very good! ...but it just seemed (from the other posts) that Toshiba solved their Vista issues some 1,5 years ago...
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's okay. The update is overdue. Getting clear information from Toshiba is not easy, however.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="dreadlox"]That's good to hear!
I didn't mean to be rude or criticize in any way - your app is very good! ...but it just seemed (from the other posts) that Toshiba solved their Vista issues some 1,5 years ago...[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: