FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

File system info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: File system info Reply with quote

I am syncing an iTunes playlist on to a micro SD card on a Nokia 5310. All is fine except I am only getting the track name on the phone. What I really want is Album / Artist / Trackname. Is there some way of getting this?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: File system info Reply with quote

There is a way to do this, requiring a change in configuration files.

I do, however, not recommend it, as the "scan" part of the sync will take longer, due to the increased number of objects on the card.

May I ask why you care about the file system hierarchy?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mr t"]I am syncing an iTunes playlist on to a micro SD card on a Nokia 5310. All is fine except I am only getting the track name on the phone. What I really want is Album / Artist / Trackname. Is there some way of getting this?[/quote]
mr t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only because I have a large collection of tracks, mainly reggae and dancehall, by a myriad of artists and album titles on which I have spent quite a while in iTunes naming for reference purposes (I am a DJ).

So ideally I would like to know a particular track's artist and album, as well as the track name itself.

But it's not a deal breaker!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. So the organization offered in the phone's media player is not sufficient? Is that what you're saying?

I'm asking to try and assess whether there's anything I can do to improve on that situation (if it's the case). I think most people don't browse their music in the File Manager.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mr t"]Only because I have a large collection of tracks, mainly reggae and dancehall, by a myriad of artists and album titles on which I have spent quite a while in iTunes naming for reference purposes (I am a DJ).

So ideally I would like to know a particular track's artist and album, as well as the track name itself.

But it's not a deal breaker![/quote]
mr t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm not being clear.

I do not need or want to browse the library itself.

On the Nokia 5310 Music Player, when a track is playing, information about that track is displayed on the main screen. If I hear a particular track that I don't know the artist, or want to check what album it's from, I would have to use another program to sync my phone, for example iTunes Sync. I can choose the folder structure that works best with the particular MP3 player / phone. In my case I could use Album / Artist / Song and the 5310 would display all three pieces of info about each track as it was playing. So if I wanted to pull the phone out of my pocket to check a particular track that was playing, I could.

As it happens, iTunes Sync doesn't work very well (apart from that folder option!) so I will be sticking with Media Sync for sure.

But I would love to be able to have the Artist and Album info all the same!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I'm afraid I'm still not quite getting it.

Trying this on the 5310 XM phone, I'm seeing all the info you're asking for in the 3 info lines describing what track is playing (similarly, the music browser on the phone reflects the same info in artist->album->track).

I've tested this with both mp3 and m4a files (both purchased and ripped m4a files).

Either you're experiencing something I'm not, or we're misunderstanding each other. If you have a music track for which this info is not shown, I'd be happy to try it out, if you email it to me.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mr t"]Sorry I'm not being clear.

I do not need or want to browse the library itself.

On the Nokia 5310 Music Player, when a track is playing, information about that track is displayed on the main screen. If I hear a particular track that I don't know the artist, or want to check what album it's from, I would have to use another program to sync my phone, for example iTunes Sync. I can choose the folder structure that works best with the particular MP3 player / phone. In my case I could use Album / Artist / Song and the 5310 would display all three pieces of info about each track as it was playing. So if I wanted to pull the phone out of my pocket to check a particular track that was playing, I could.

As it happens, iTunes Sync doesn't work very well (apart from that folder option!) so I will be sticking with Media Sync for sure.

But I would love to be able to have the Artist and Album info all the same![/quote]
mr t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back
Weirdly, my phone is now showing all three fields, as you found yourself.
Maybe I need my eyes / brain tested!!!

So all's good, sorry for the confusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: