FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

No Playlists on Nokia E71

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
federix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: No Playlists on Nokia E71 Reply with quote

Thanks for this great Software! After one week of "research" this is the only way to get Album Artwork on my E71 with a mac!
Media Sync worked half of the night to fill my E71 (16GB) with music. Finally album artwork is shown on my E71! :o) What I recognized so far is the following:
in one Playlist only one of 10 tracks was transferred to the phone and one track turns to silence after a minute. Don't know if this is caused by media sync or if there is a mistake in my playlist or in the track itself. i'll check that, when i come home this afternoon.

But here's the "real problem":
No playlists were transferred to the phone, also I updated the Library manually (which took abaut 20 minutes with 16 gb :o) )
Thanks, Felix.

(eMac 1,25 ghz, OSX 10.5.6, Nokia E71, FW: 110.07.127)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: No Playlists on Nokia E71 Reply with quote

Are you syncing selected playlists or all music?

Playlists should definitively show on the device (they do for me), but I honestly don't think the E71 was designed with 16GB worth of music in mind, and it's possible that some phone-specific limitations are exceeded. Perhaps you could try with one short playlist?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="federix"]Thanks for this great Software! After one week of "research" this is the only way to get Album Artwork on my E71 with a mac!
Media Sync worked half of the night to fill my E71 (16GB) with music. Finally album artwork is shown on my E71! :o) What I recognized so far is the following:
in one Playlist only one of 10 tracks was transferred to the phone and one track turns to silence after a minute. Don't know if this is caused by media sync or if there is a mistake in my playlist or in the track itself. i'll check that, when i come home this afternoon.

But here's the "real problem":
No playlists were transferred to the phone, also I updated the Library manually (which took abaut 20 minutes with 16 gb :o) )
Thanks, Felix.

(eMac 1,25 ghz, OSX 10.5.6, Nokia E71, FW: 110.07.127)[/quote]
federix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: No Playlists on Nokia E71 Reply with quote

I'm syncing selected playlists. After registering media sync and re-syncing the device it shows 4 of about 160 selected playlists. The other problem is, that there are several playlists where only the first title was copied to the phone.
maybe the same problem of too much files on the card!?
I then deleted all the music in the media sync folder on the sd-card and tried syncing with about 60 Playlists. Now the e71 shows again 4 of the 60 playlists but there are a lot of albums which are incomplete, only the first or only a few songs were transferred. I then unchecked all playlists in media sync and synced again to remove all files from the phone and then synced with only two playlists. in this case all the files were transferred, but no playlists.
What i recognized is that MediaSync says on the top line: Salling Media Sync - Nokia N96
Could that be a Problem, that my device isn't recognized as a e71?
My eMac seems to have a problem anyway, it crashes very often the last few weeks. Maybe it's a little bit overchallenged with Leopard and maybe that causes the meida sync problems?
My iTunes-Library is on an external FireWire-HDD, but that doesn't see the Promblem because mediasync recognices the library!?

when i'm syncing with nokia multimedia transfer i got all the files and playlists, but no album artwork, when syncing with media sync i got the artwork, but no playlists and only a few songs...

Thank you for your work, Felix.

[quote="salling"]Are you syncing selected playlists or all music?

Playlists should definitively show on the device (they do for me), but I honestly don't think the E71 was designed with 16GB worth of music in mind, and it's possible that some phone-specific limitations are exceeded. Perhaps you could try with one short playlist?

Best.
--
Jonas
federix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is related to my other problem, but because of this topic: http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6630
I realized that i never ejected the phone after syncing, because i didn't find a way to. how can i ejct the e71? it is not mounted on my emac in media-transfer-mode and i couldn't find an eject-button in media-sync...
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not related. The E71 connecting in "MTP mode", meaning there's no need to eject the device.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="federix"]I don't know if this is related to my other problem, but because of this topic: http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6630
I realized that i never ejected the phone after syncing, because i didn't find a way to. how can i ejct the e71? it is not mounted on my emac in media-transfer-mode and i couldn't find an eject-button in media-sync...[/quote]
hot33331

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this problem ever get solved? I have the same problem with Windows 7 and my Nokia E71 with a 16gb card. I am syncing all music and none of my playlists shows up :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: