FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Nokia Mail for Exchange causes Problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olivanov

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Nokia Mail for Exchange causes Problems? Reply with quote

Hi,

i recently noticed that i can connect from the phone (N80) to the PC but not the other way anymore (it worked a few weeks ago). So it is not a real problem as i prefer the former method anyway.

But what causes this behaviour? The Error is on WIDCOMM and MS.
The MS-Error ist "Negotiation failed err=26". WIDCOMM says sth. like "could not find rfcomm" ..

Recently, i installed the Mail for Exchange from Nokia.. ? But i never use it and never set up a connection. And the Software doesn't use Bluetooth either, i think. Seems that sth. has disabled my phone's Com-Port ?
PC-Suite is still working without Problems..

Oli
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Nokia Mail for Exchange causes Problems? Reply with quote

MfE does not pose a problem.

Did you try:

1. Restarting your phone, and/or
2. Making sure the phone and computer are still paired?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Olivanov"]Hi,

i recently noticed that i can connect from the phone (N80) to the PC but not the other way anymore (it worked a few weeks ago). So it is not a real problem as i prefer the former method anyway.

But what causes this behaviour? The Error is on WIDCOMM and MS.
The MS-Error ist "Negotiation failed err=26". WIDCOMM says sth. like "could not find rfcomm" ..

Recently, i installed the Mail for Exchange from Nokia.. ? But i never use it and never set up a connection. And the Software doesn't use Bluetooth either, i think. Seems that sth. has disabled my phone's Com-Port ?
PC-Suite is still working without Problems..

Oli[/quote]
Olivanov

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, already read this. I think the problem is the phone. Unfortunately, I cannot see the running processes in the phone.
Maybe I should install clicker into the phone-memory. All the other programs are installed on the card and so they cannot be started automatically when I remove the card for testing.

Clicker also says that i cannot connect from a device using bluetooth because sharing is disabled. But this way is works, so I don't bother about this message. (As far as i understand the sharing-feature, it shouldn't have to do anything with my problem anyway)

Edit: Just tested with my old phone (6600) and got the same error. So no problem with the phone? I will install clicker on a virtual machine now and look what will happen..
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does it say this?

"Clicker also says that i cannot connect from a device using bluetooth because sharing is disabled"

I'm not aware of any such error message in the software.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Olivanov"]Yes, already read this. I think the problem is the phone. Unfortunately, I cannot see the running processes in the phone.
Maybe I should install clicker into the phone-memory. All the other programs are installed on the card and so they cannot be started automatically when I remove the card for testing.

Clicker also says that i cannot connect from a device using bluetooth because sharing is disabled. But this way is works, so I don't bother about this message. (As far as i understand the sharing-feature, it shouldn't have to do anything with my problem anyway)

Edit: Just tested with my old phone (6600) and got the same error. So no problem with the phone? I will install clicker on a virtual machine now and look what will happen..[/quote]
Olivanov

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

misread.. actually, it says "you CAN connect" ;)

Anyway: Problems solved: I installed the WIDCOMM Driver from Asus ( 5.1.0.5500). I've had a newer version installed (5.5.0.4400) and this version had problems with the serial ports, I think. It always installed 3 ports.

Know, I have 2 ports (port 3 and port 4) and i think it's in- and outgoing (as it should be).

Thank you for your time!

Best,
Oli
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Glad to hear it.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: