FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

WinampV3.0 script - lyrics, reviews, discography, cover art
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milleph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First visit back since last December - sorry about that...

peterdua - thanks - I'll incorporate

kausti - for some reason (which I can't remember now) i temporarily removed the "ALL" options for Artist and Song but I'll put them back.

nitrous - the general layout, controls etc are part of the clicker framework and not really under my control. Are other clicker apps working ok on your Nokia 5800? If not then I would create your own thread for resolution but otherwise come back to me. I'll take a look at MiniLyrics in the meantime....
nitrous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let me start and check what's working and not.
Run both clickers on devices.
Selected WinampV3.0
Got message "Run Winamp" - clicked Yes, Winamp loaded and got to the main screen. Almost nothing is clickable except progress bar and Back/Menu buttons.
Clicked the Menu button.
Browse:
-> Artist -> error: Query returned no results: (type=0) && (artist ISNOTEMPTY)
-> Album -> error: Query returned no results: (type=0) && (album ISNOTEMPTY)
-> Genre -> Any of the items gives this error: Query returned no results: (type=0) && (genre HAS Classical)

Search:
-> Artist -> Enter something -> error: Query returned no results: (type=0) && (artist HAS "Black") (was thinking Black Sabbath)
-> Album -> Enter something -> error: Query returned no results: (type=0) && (album HAS "Black") (was thinking Black Album - Metallica)
-> Track -> Enter something -> error: Query returned no results: (type=0) && (title HAS "Black") (AC/DC - Back in Black)
-> Custom -> Enter something -> error: Query returned no results: Highway to hell

Playlist:
-> Show current is working and able to click: top left page up, top right page down. However scrollbar isn't working and tracks which has empty or none ID3 tags are showing as blank space in the playlist
-> Clear is working correctly
-> Load is not working, clicking it but nothing happens.
-> Save As looks like dead. I click it, enter name, click OK, nothing.
-> HOME returns correctly to main screen

Song Lyrics. I suppose it is working, however it shows the lyrics only on few songs - most of my music has synchronized lyrics embedded in their ID3 tag. On those who have lyrics scrollbar is not working.

Album Review (Amazon) - I'm getting BACK TO MAIN SCREEN message, same with User Reviews (Amazon)

Artist Discography (Rhapsody). I suppose that it is working, I see whole bunch of albums and when I click one I get message on my computer with the URL/.xml file, however it's unclickable.

Options:
-> Shuffle (on/off) is working
-> Repeat (on/off) is working
-> Artwork Layout - should be working. However it doesn't show on main screen, the MP3 file has it embedded.
-> Message Display - looks like not working - nothing is changed when I switch options.
-> Text Scrolling - same as Message Display.
-> Restart Winamp is working.

Rate - I don't know if it's working, I am not using Media Library. I'm getting a bar to rate the song, click OK but I guess that nothing is changed.

Equalizer: I'm getting this error: No eqPreset.txt file found.

Get all album covers: Error - Query returned no results: (type=0) && (album ISNOTEMPTY)

So I've got a question about controls - can you add them in sub menu, not on the main screen for example? Or you aren't allowed to do this?
milleph

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitrous,

i don't see your phone as supported yet for clicker. if you search the forums you'll see jonas at salling saying that he hasn't got one himself yet. What did you install on the phone - client for an earlier nokia version?

The majority of problems you are having are probably related to this.

You also state that you're not using media library. This app interacts extensively with the media library so I'm a little unclear...... may explain why all your search/browse functionality is screwed up.

Embedded album covers in mp3's are not supported. Needs to be a jpg file in the album directory. Get all album covers works but only if your media library is set up correctly.

Amazon - did you get an Amazon ID as explained in the original post?

Lyrics - the app simply goes to www.lyricwiki.org and attempts to pull the artist/track lyrics. If they are not on the website they won't show up on your phone. Also, if your artist/track names differ from what's there, they also won't show. You can post lyrics to lyricwiki and also conform your artist/track names to theirs.

Equalizer - you need to follow instructions in the prior versions post to get this working. Take a look at the WinampV2.0 post.....

Hope this helps...

Phil
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, here's a pre-release native client for the 5800:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6597

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="milleph"]nitrous,

i don't see your phone as supported yet for clicker. if you search the forums you'll see jonas at salling saying that he hasn't got one himself yet. What did you install on the phone - client for an earlier nokia version?

The majority of problems you are having are probably related to this.
[/quote]
bB

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: browse 'All' Reply with quote

@milleph:
Phill, since you mentioned remembering you've removed the browse 'All' functionality from this build (par accident); would you mind breaking it back into v2 as well? :) ..pretty please..

(i don't want an online winamp, hence i'm using v2; [b]great script[/b], cheers!)

If not, a shame, but thanks nonetheless; will just have to wait for v3 to be restored and then hack&slash it all together somehow ;)
Kasanega

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello guys,
I have an old Palm Tungsten T2 and the online features of the winamp script don't work for me like they should. I'm getting the album covers from Amazon but neither reviews, lyrics and discography work on my windows 7 x64 system. Thanks a lot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: