FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Automatically unlock PC when entering proximity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V_i_D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Automatically unlock PC when entering proximity Reply with quote

[quote="bohrsatom"]I've written a "script" that will automatically unlock your PC when you re-enter proximity (it is good twinned with the lock PC when leaving proximity event !).

I say script in the loosest sense of the word - it is an executable twinned with a service that is called using the wscript Run() method.

[b]PLEASE NOTE[/b] - This script is a security nightmare. Using this script will have your windows logon credentials stored in plain text on your PC andhas a service running that can interact with your desktop. Neither of these are very good things. You can lock down the directory storing the script using NTFS permissions if it is in the "my scripts" folder in "my documents", but it also creates a temporary file containing your credentials for the duration of the script execution (a second or two when you enter proximity). Install and use at your own peril.

The script simluates what is needed for a standard computer unlocking:
- Sending Alt+Ctrl+Delete
- Sending your username and password
- Pressing "Enter".

The installation isn't easy, but I have kept it that way to make things a little more interesting ;).

[b]To install:[/b]

Download Unlocker.zip
Extract to "My clicker scripts" directory.
Open a command window in the "unlocker" directory and run the command "ACDService.exe -Install". This will install the service onto your computer.
Go to start>run>services.msc. Locate the "Clicker ACD Service". Right click it, go to properties and under log-on check the tickbox "allow service to interact with desktop". Under the "general" tab click start.
Edit the file Unlocker.js, changing the paramaters YOURUSERNAME and YOURPASSWORD with your windows logon credentials.
Tick the relevant box under "phone events" in Salling Clicker.
Walk out the room for 15 seconds, see if your computer has locked... then walk back in and watch it unlock!

The application (and service) is written in Managed C++ and you will need the .NET runtime to execute it.

The ZIP Password is "this-is-a-security-risk" (without the speech marks).

I have tested this on Salling 3.0.1.333 on my PC - i'd be interested to see if it works for anyone else :).

Thanks!

bohrsatom[/quote]

I am having a problem when I run the ACDService. It tells me that System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name acdservice, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Could this be because I'm runnig vista?
meinereiner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this might could be - i've never testet the app in vista because i haven't any. another tip - do you have installed the dot-net-framework?

but in general as I followed up the posts on this topic vista-users said that the unlocking doesn't work anyway.

if you success in unlocking your computer using this app in vista - please post how you have made it - i think this would be interessting to many other people too.
moldy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: nothing in phone events Reply with quote

hi there. hope you can help. i am very interested in using the apps written in this post. and i have installed the first (original) one as described. however, when i go to Salling, there is no "relevant box" under Phone Events.

Not sure if i missed something, but i have tried installing a second time and still nothing. it simply says "no devinces that support phone events have been set up yet".

however, i can use all the other scripts in Salling with no issues.

i am using a Nokia 6300 with Salling 3.5. Anybody know what i don't?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Regards

Moldy
technoteze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: I was wondering? Reply with quote

Could this app be adjusted to send a notification to the mobile phone when it is about to move out of the proximity?

I'll explain... I have bluetooth/flash drive combination device and thought it would be a great idea if I could be notified via my mobile phone if I forget my flash drive behind.

The ideal setup would be if the app could reside on the bluetooth/flash drive and work in whatever pc I plug it into, it would then monitor my mobile phone.

I wouldn't know where to begin but hopefully I could be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for any help and great work!
anonynown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think it would be more secure to configure the service to run under my user account and have the settings file encrypted?
razor73

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks for this wonderful script i found what i am looking for and guess what i found it here so i am thanking you,.,
regards.

vmartim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="carman"][quote="BLASTER"]"Open a command window in the "unlocker" directory and run the command "ACDService.exe -Install". This will install the service onto your computer."

How can i do that?
Please someone help me...[/quote]

Start > Run > "cmd"

Then type:

"chdir C:\My Documents\Blah blah blah\Unlocker" [wherever you extracted it]

Enter

Then type:

"ACDService.exe -Install"

Enter

Done :)[/quote]

I've tried this method, but running on Windows 7 I've got an error message: "occurred an exception during the installation step. System.Security.SecurityException: Font not found, but some or all logs could not be searched. Unaccessable logs: Security."

Can anyone help me on this issue? Is there another way to do the first step instead of cmd install?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: