FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

"no computer found" (Nokia 5800 s60v5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benbalack

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: "no computer found" (Nokia 5800 s60v5) Reply with quote

Hello

I've installed the version found in this thread [url]http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6597&highlight=5800[/url] along with the trial version for the PC from the main page.

The installation process seems fine on both PC and on the phone.
I've set the same passkey on both, set to allow http/ICP connections on the computer and unblocked the correct ports on both the phone connection to the router and the PC.

When I go into the application on the phone, it seems to connect fine to the wifi network but then can't find the computer.

Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: "no computer found" (Nokia 5800 s60v5) Reply with quote

Some routers don't support UDP/multicast by default. This could be the reason for your woes. Please check your router's settings. Some routers also separate wifi devices from wired devices (wifi network being "public").

I'd also temporarily disable any firewall software on your computer, to make absolutely sure the problem isn't on that end.

Also, make sure you aren't using F-Secure on your phone, as it blocks UDP/multicast traffic.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="benbalack"]Hello

I've installed the version found in this thread [url]http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6597&highlight=5800[/url] along with the trial version for the PC from the main page.

The installation process seems fine on both PC and on the phone.
I've set the same passkey on both, set to allow http/ICP connections on the computer and unblocked the correct ports on both the phone connection to the router and the PC.

When I go into the application on the phone, it seems to connect fine to the wifi network but then can't find the computer.

Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong?[/quote]
benbalack

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: "no computer found" (Nokia 5800 s60v5) Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried disabling the firewall on my PC and it still won't find the computer. I don't have F-secure installed on my phone.

The router I am using is Belkin F5D7632-4. I can't see any setting for multicast in the settings. We have 3 laptops and 2 phones (including mine) already connecting fine to the network.

[quote="salling"]Some routers don't support UDP/multicast by default. This could be the reason for your woes. Please check your router's settings. Some routers also separate wifi devices from wired devices (wifi network being "public").

I'd also temporarily disable any firewall software on your computer, to make absolutely sure the problem isn't on that end.

Also, make sure you aren't using F-Secure on your phone, as it blocks UDP/multicast traffic.

Best.
--
Jonas

[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "no computer found" (Nokia 5800 s60v5) Reply with quote

Just to clarify. The problem has nothing to do with connecting to the network. It's about flow of multicast UDP packets between your phone and your computer.

Another obvious thing to check is that you have indeed checked "Enable TCP/IP connections" in Salling Clicker -> Settings -> TCP/IP

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="benbalack"]Thanks for the reply.

I've tried disabling the firewall on my PC and it still won't find the computer. I don't have F-secure installed on my phone.

The router I am using is Belkin F5D7632-4. I can't see any setting for multicast in the settings. We have 3 laptops and 2 phones (including mine) already connecting fine to the network.

[quote="salling"]Some routers don't support UDP/multicast by default. This could be the reason for your woes. Please check your router's settings. Some routers also separate wifi devices from wired devices (wifi network being "public").

Best.
--
Jonas

[/quote][/quote]
benbalack

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: "no computer found" (Nokia 5800 s60v5) Reply with quote

Thanks again.

I have indeed enabled the TCP/IP connections.

How do I check that the the flow of multicast UDP packets is enabled? Google has been amazingly useless.

I use your sync application btw with itunes and its fantastic so I really appreciate this help.

[quote="salling"]Just to clarify. The problem has nothing to do with connecting to the network. It's about flow of multicast UDP packets between your phone and your computer.

Another obvious thing to check is that you have indeed checked "Enable TCP/IP connections" in Salling Clicker -> Settings -> TCP/IP

Best.
--
Jonas

[/quote]
benbalack

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any further suggestions, or is my router just not able to work with this?
jae_63

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="benbalack"]Any further suggestions, or is my router just not able to work with this?[/quote]

Can you connect from your phone to something else on the computer? E.g., what if you installed the Apache web server on your computer; can you connect to that? This is TCP only (no UDP), but would be a good test to understand the problem that you're encountering.

The IP address of your computer as referenced in your Nokia Salling Clicker client should look something like 192.168.x.y. If not, then you're using the wrong kind of IP address. It is possible to use your router's externally-known IP address instead, but this requires more effort on your part including router configuration. See this my April 19th, 2006 post in this thread (which doesn't really apply to you since you're connecting via Wifi rather than via your phone network).
http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3634
caramel1982

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the router IP address? 192.168.x.x

[url=http://simulationpretimmobilier.net][color=#DEE3E7][u]Simulation pret immobilier[/u][/color][/url]
jae_63

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="caramel1982"]Is that the router IP address? 192.168.x.x

[url=http://simulationpretimmobilier.net][color=#DEE3E7][u]Simulation pret immobilier[/u][/color][/url][/quote]

It is the form of both the router address and the target PC being controlled by Salling Clicker. E.g.:
Router address = 192.168.1.1
PC address = 192.168.1.4
clairebear04

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's interesting. thanks for sharing

[url=http://simulationrachatdecredit.org][color=#DEE3E7][u]rachat credit immobilier[/u][/color][/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: