FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Qtek 9100 Can't install to Phone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ethersin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Qtek 9100 Can't install to Phone. Reply with quote

It might just be me, but I don't understand how your supposed to get the software from Clicker_PocketPC_5.exe to the phone, I've run the program tens of times, and then pressed "Connect to device", and always get..

Connect Failed

The device lacks the required services. Try Restarting, Install the applicable client application, or make sure the client application is active.

Well I don't even have the thing on my phone yet.. And if your supposed to use active sink to get it across that's no use I don't have a cable..

A cab installer for the phone would be much appreciated.

Also I tried this on my laptop and my Desktop, both running XPSP3 with a belkin usb dongle.

Any idea's? Or a Link to a cab :)

Thank's

Rich
bB

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

You're only supposed to click 'connect to device' once the app is installed on both sides; i.e. on your phone and on your pc (you seem to have your pc covered).

Steps to follow- first make sure there is a connection&pairing between your mobile device and your computer; test that with for instance active sync or whatever you'd normally use to get apps/images/anything onto or from your mobile. Then, copy the installer (whether that'd be that pocketpc exe you mentioned or some cab, i wouldn't know; depends on your mobile's OS)..

..but afaik the SC pc installer will be able to point you to the correct one as such:
-Open Salling Clicker on your pc,
-Click 'set up device',
-Click select brand&model of your mobile,
-Click button 'copy to desktop'.

The file that is now presented to you in a folder on your desktop, is the one you should copy to your mobile and run/install there.

THEN... ..
let us know if that's working out so far.

***edit:***
How do you plan on connecting the two? Bluetooth?
(that connection should be setup beforehand, as pointed out above)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Qtek 9100 Can't install to Phone. Reply with quote

ActiveSync is the standard way to go, but I've attached a CAB for you.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Ethersin"]It might just be me, but I don't understand how your supposed to get the software from Clicker_PocketPC_5.exe to the phone, I've run the program tens of times, and then pressed "Connect to device", and always get..

Connect Failed

The device lacks the required services. Try Restarting, Install the applicable client application, or make sure the client application is active.

Well I don't even have the thing on my phone yet.. And if your supposed to use active sink to get it across that's no use I don't have a cable..

A cab installer for the phone would be much appreciated.

Also I tried this on my laptop and my Desktop, both running XPSP3 with a belkin usb dongle.

Any idea's? Or a Link to a cab :)

Thank's

Rich[/quote]

Clicker_PocketPC_5.CAB
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Clicker_PocketPC_5.CAB
 Filesize:  179.46 KB
 Downloaded:  1161 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: