FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Source File Missing errors when syncing with TMobile G1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcvl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Source File Missing errors when syncing with TMobile G1 Reply with quote

Hi:

I'm syncing around 12GB of music from iTunes with Salling Media Sync to my TMobile G1 Android phone, but more than half of the music files don't make it to the MicroSD card. When checking the logs, I see a bunch of 'source file missing' errors. However, the source files are not missing. I can see them in iTunes and I can play them.

I suspect that this bug could be due to the fact that all my music files are stored on an external NAS. This works perfectly with iTunes but Salling Media Sync may have issues with this.

Thoughts?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect perhaps you've moved the iTunes Music Library.xml file from its default location, causing Media Sync to use an old copy.

Can you please verify that the iTunes Music Library.xml file at ~/Music/iTunes has a change date that makes it reasonable to assume it's an actively used file?

Best.
--
Jonas
marcvl

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked. The library xml file has a modified date of today. So, it is the file that is being used to keep track of all music files.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Could you please let me know the exact name of the xml file?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="marcvl"]I checked. The library xml file has a modified date of today. So, it is the file that is being used to keep track of all music files.[/quote]
marcvl

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Source File Missing errors when syncing with TMobile G1 Reply with quote

The exact file name is:

iTunes Music Library.xml

and it's located in marc>Music>iTunes>

Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: