FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

No computers found - SE W960 - DLINK DIR-655

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmann1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: No computers found - SE W960 - DLINK DIR-655 Reply with quote

Hi!

When i try to connect through WiFi i just get the message "No computers found" and the option to search again.

I've enabled TCP/IP connections in Salling clicker, disabled my firewall, opened ports in the router, which is a DLINK DIR-655. I can connect to my wireless network with the phone but i cant find any computers. I have two connected to the network.

One is an iMac running Win XP under bootcamp. This is connected by wire, but i've also tried to disable the wired network and use the built-in wireless card but i still can't find the computer.

The next computer is an Asus Eee PC 904HD running Win XP and its connected wirelessly to the network.

I've read previous threads and found something about UDP multicast (?) and im wondering if this might be a problem since I have no idea what it means. The DIR-655 router is a pretty expensive router so..

I also read on the supportpage that you could connect directly to the computers ip, how to do this? I can't seem to find any option for this.

I used the program long ago, though i was using a Netgear WPN824 back then, so maybe its the router, or the settings in it, after all? Maybe someone have experience from using this specific router?

Hope you can help, really great application. Thanks.

/ Erik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: