FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

N97 Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
honeybunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: N97 Support Reply with quote

I don't have my N97 yet, but I am expecting it any day now. I'm wondering how SMC will "see" the N97, since it has 32GB of "internal" storage, and the potential for 32GB storage on an SD card. I would like to put some music in each part. Will there be a way to do this with SMC? Maybe it will see each storage area as a separate device? What should I expect?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: N97 Support Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm very much interested in your experiences with this phone!

It should definitely "see" your phone, but it will pick the larger of the two storages. At this time, you will not be able to work with both.

This is something I'm looking to change in a future version. For now, most phones (but not the N97) have very small internal storages.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="honeybunny"]I don't have my N97 yet, but I am expecting it any day now. I'm wondering how SMC will "see" the N97, since it has 32GB of "internal" storage, and the potential for 32GB storage on an SD card. I would like to put some music in each part. Will there be a way to do this with SMC? Maybe it will see each storage area as a separate device? What should I expect?[/quote]
honeybunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. That kind of sucks. I guess how I am going to manage my music is have more of a 'long term' section that is about 20gb, on the internal storage, and then one that changes more often on the memory card. I'm not sure SMC will work well for both of them. I might have to use iTunes Agent to sync to the external card, and SMC to sync to the internal one. We will have to see!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, why do you care what storage different kinds of content go ("long term" vs "short term")? Trying to learn more about what you're looking for.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="honeybunny"]Hmm. That kind of sucks. I guess how I am going to manage my music is have more of a 'long term' section that is about 20gb, on the internal storage, and then one that changes more often on the memory card. I'm not sure SMC will work well for both of them. I might have to use iTunes Agent to sync to the external card, and SMC to sync to the internal one. We will have to see![/quote]
honeybunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I really don't care, but I will only want about 20gb of music on the internal, and about 10gb on the external. I have to divide it up somehow. How I currently have it in iTunes is that I have playlist A which is 20gb, playlist B which is 20gb not in playlist A, and playlist C, which is 10gb not in playlist A or playlist B. I have it filtered more than that, so that basically the three playlists have all the music I ever want to sync (for now). When 32GB sdHC comes out, I will be able to put more of my music there, of course.

How I would like SMC to act, is that for each playlist, I can choose from three radio buttons:
* Do not sync
* Sync to internal storage
* Sync to external storage
honeybunny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

Thank you so much! Just tried the latest beta, and I plug my N97 in Mass Storage mode, and I get a separate Salling MediaSync window for the internal storage and memory card, and I can select separate playlists for each and sync simultaneously! It is going to take hours and hours to sync still, but at least I can do it! Yay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: