FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Nokia 6650 fresh off the shelf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NyhtShade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6650 fresh off the shelf Reply with quote

I JUST bought a Nokia 6650, thinking since it's Symbian S60 it should work with most things, specially this since my Nokia 6085 was kinda supported. (it could find it, just couldn't do much cause of operator issues) But now I can't even get the application installed on the phone. I can't use the older one cause it shoots out it's unable to connect cause of java.lang.securityexception so I thought maybe the newer one might work. No, it won't even install. I get Installation of Clickers60v12.sis not supported. Not sure if it's my phone (and if so is this maybe gonna be looked at anytime soon, cause I just renewed a contract and felt this phone had more features I wanted {FM Radio, PC Suite, and Touch screen on the cover} but I'm starting to feel a little as if maybe I got junked), or if it's my windows (highly unlikely I think, I'm running windows XP SP3 for the record) And I'm really wanting this program to work so I can have some scripts for WinAmp and ThunderBird. Am I outta luck (cause I can't find any other info and I know it's not in the list so I just might be) or did I happen to luckily come unto the week or so before the upgrade that adds it into the mix? Please give me some hands here, I'm hoping my brand-new phone that I chose over a LG Xenon or most other phones, wasn't a bad choice of mine.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Nokia 6650 fresh off the shelf Reply with quote

Hi,

Try setting it up as if it was an N95, and you'll get the appropriate software on the phone.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="NyhtShade"]I JUST bought a Nokia 6650, thinking since it's Symbian S60 it should work with most things, specially this since my Nokia 6085 was kinda supported. (it could find it, just couldn't do much cause of operator issues) But now I can't even get the application installed on the phone. I can't use the older one cause it shoots out it's unable to connect cause of java.lang.securityexception so I thought maybe the newer one might work. No, it won't even install. I get Installation of Clickers60v12.sis not supported. Not sure if it's my phone (and if so is this maybe gonna be looked at anytime soon, cause I just renewed a contract and felt this phone had more features I wanted {FM Radio, PC Suite, and Touch screen on the cover} but I'm starting to feel a little as if maybe I got junked), or if it's my windows (highly unlikely I think, I'm running windows XP SP3 for the record) And I'm really wanting this program to work so I can have some scripts for WinAmp and ThunderBird. Am I outta luck (cause I can't find any other info and I know it's not in the list so I just might be) or did I happen to luckily come unto the week or so before the upgrade that adds it into the mix? Please give me some hands here, I'm hoping my brand-new phone that I chose over a LG Xenon or most other phones, wasn't a bad choice of mine.[/quote]
NyhtShade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I figured it out about 2 hours after I posted. Didn't sleep at all once I got it set cause I was just playing with it, no extra scripts or anything just default scripts. Wow! This program is fun. I downloaded WinAmp and PowerDVD6 Scripts recently and I realize the full potential of this program. I truthfully love this program in just the short time I've had it to work so far. I intend to register as soon as my student loans come through. (it's kind of listed as a productivity program cause it eliminates the need for me to pause winamp whenever I receive a call, among other things) so yeah. I certainly hope the trial gives me enough time to get my check in (bout a month or so) cause this brought A HUGE smile to my face that I can lock my comp by leaving the room especially after what happened with my phone. I picked the Nokia 6650 JUST for the FM Radio and Front-Cover touch screen. Could've gone with a Xenon (but that wouldn't work here so that's good) but stuck with my 6650 for the radio. All in one music player. Come to find out AT&T TOOK the FM RADIO out of the phone to promote XM radio.. Yeah.. anyways though, I love this program and Thank you Salling for helping me either way. And BTW, I picked the Nokia E71. It seems any Symbian S60 3rd would work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: