FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

couchpotato: InputPad (mouse,keyboard,magnifier) [N73]SCRIPT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: couchpotato: InputPad (mouse,keyboard,magnifier) [N73]SCRIPT Reply with quote

Hi all,

part one of my contribution to myself and this community is here!
Please read the script, it says more than I will here; but a little info:
[quote="InputPad - [i](a combination of 'writer.js' & 'tvtuner.js' & some handywork)[/i]"]
*Written for Nokia N73, but should work with most others; otherwise small changes will make it so, if you're so inclined. (likely only thing you'd change is the camera button "F882")
*script enables text input with feedback on display. [mode B]
*script enables mousecontrol. [mode A]
*easy switch mode A-B by pressing 'camera_shutter_button' on phone.
*will launch 'magnify.exe' upon opening, and close it upon exit.
*black background, less obtrusive & more comfortable. (place image in same dir) [do mind; it's not really a pretty solution, but it [b]is[/b] dark]
*tip* for in explorer, mode B; use click (enter) and 'c' (backspace)
[/quote]
[disclaimer] Might cause lack of (mental)focus by slowing down your productivity; moving the mouse around takes about 20x longer than if you'd do it physically..
[quote]
Credit where credit is due; i.e. all constructive posters on this forum, past&present.

Either way, without further ado; enjoy.
I will. =]
[/quote]

<:questions:>
[quote="1-X"]Anyone having a bright idea on a more productive mouse algorithm? //SOLVED, so far.[/quote]
[quote="2-"]Should magnify be left running but minimized on script_exit, and restored on script_start?
(in that case, anyone who already knows how to have sc/js minimize/restore windows windows might tell me how, saves me the search)[/quote]
[quote="3-"]What would be the most efficient/usable way of handling all functions envisioned for this inputpad:
A- {Mouse movement, clicks, few basic windows keys (ie win, shift, ctrl, esc, alt, tab, cut/copy/paste,..)} SWITCH {Cursor movement, text typing, enter, space}
B- {Mouse movement, clicks, text input} SWITCH {Cursor movement, special keys; enables selecting/editing etc.}
C- other, please specify&think through; this is still a daunting (though important) part..
[quote="[Food for thought]"]
(probably) needed/wanted functions:
-mouse movement (inc LMB,RMB,MMB,LMBx2),
-multimedia keys (inc master vol+|-),
-selecting & cut/copy/pasting from within cursor layout,
-typing text,
-hitting shortcutkeycombo's {win+e, alt+(shift+)tab, ctrl+shift+esc(=ctrl+alt+del), F5, (shift+)page-up/page-down/home/end, ctrl+space, ctrl+arrow_keys,}
-a quicker/more efficient mouse movement method, perhaps through a 'shift' function; if that'd be programmed it could solve most other issues as well (the shift state, using it with the joystick to speed up mouse; or using it in textmode to gain access to special keys).

So if anyone knows from the top of their head an quick/easy/efficient way to program shift states (for the keypad itself, not for characters), that'd be amazing; otherwise i'll get around to it, but am atm a little daunted still: would probably easily triple the amount of code, and perhaps make it less of a quick start-use-close script..

Right, two more things i should soon start looking for;
-keycode for MiddleMouseButton (specially for WinRoll & GridMove), and,
-keycode for MenuKey (the one next to WinKey on keyboards, the fake RMB),
Again, if anyone reading this already knows, fantastic ;)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Finally- any feedback is absolutely welcome!
PS: Changelog has moved to inside the .js =D

[loose_Q_winamp v2_:] Anybody know how to add into Phil's Winamp V2.0 (05/28/'08) script the option to select 'All' when searching for an artist/song/album?
[size=9]{he mentioned in that thread he'd accidentally removed it and was gonna put it back in, though not in the versions i've found...}{and winamp v3, haven't tested that since i prefer winamp to stay offline, quicker as well}[/size]

InputPad.js.txt
 Description:
[v1 was 30-04-'09]
[v2 was 02-05-'09]
[v3 was 05-05-'09, 11:04]
[InputPad V.4: 05-05-'09, 15:36]
CHANGEs: goooood. ;)

Download
 Filename:  InputPad.js.txt
 Filesize:  16.23 KB
 Downloaded:  1723 Time(s)

black1x1.bmp.txt
 Description:
1 square pixel, black.
(rename from .BMP.TXT to .BMP)

Download
 Filename:  black1x1.bmp.txt
 Filesize:  66 Bytes
 Downloaded:  1435 Time(s)

InputPad.xml.txt
 Description:
InputPad v1 xml (29-04-2009, 22:20)
(rename from .XML.TXT to .XML)

Download
 Filename:  InputPad.xml.txt
 Filesize:  388 Bytes
 Downloaded:  1424 Time(s)

Last edited by bB on Tue May 05, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 15 times in total
jae_63

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool; note that "ps" = "post script", so you mean "pps" = "post post script" etc.

-- The grammar/English usage police
bB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true enough- though, shouldn't that be 'post scriptum'.. ;)

(cheers for noticing, i hadn't yet picked that up; now i know 'pps' vs 'pss')
joeker

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, thanks!

One problem here (xp sp3) -- the magnifier doesn't behave when it's killed, messing with the desktop.
My workaround:
[quote="modify code"]
if (helper.IsProcessRunning("magnify.exe")) {
findmagnifierandclose();
}
[/quote]

[quote="add"]
function findmagnifierandclose() {
var mw=0;
try {
mw = FindWindow( "", "Magnifier" );
} catch(e) { }
if( mw != 0 ) { //found window
ActivateWindow(mw);
SendVirtualKeystroke( 0x73, false, false, true, false ); //Send Alt+F4
}
else { //force it
WSShell.Run("TASKKILL /F /IM Magnify.exe",0);
}
}
[/quote]

p.s.:
If you change lines 30/217 to [quote="code"]widget3IPaM.image = resourcesPath+"\\black1x1.bmp";[/quote]
the file can remain in scriptdir.
bB

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: [see starting post for the updated beef] Reply with quote

cheers; i'll do that <logical> file location correction!
Weird about magnify though, on sp3 here too; no probs... (though it's a bit of a slow b* to start & kill each time you use the script)
Could it be your taskkill.exe ([i]mine:[/i] 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2105) & 76.288bytes) or perhaps a few obsolete services running (wild guess)? Dunno, seems weird it'd take an alt-f4 but no taskkill. How btw, rearrange desktop; icons?

Oh, start using it and you'll see a few more problems, trust me ;)
[quote="'w/ InputPad_script'"]: Sometimes on exit of writer-part will close magnify correctly, but stay inside the script (other widget: mouse-part).. don't really know what to do about that, perhaps a way (function) to kill both widgets upon exit of one of two; but haven't gotten around to that, just a li'll weird.[/quote]
[quote="'w/ Magnify.exe'"]: Is slow, 'specially annoying when working with mouse-part..[/quote]

Ah, joeker- just checking, resourcesPath doesn't need to be specified by script?
*edit* Yes indeed it needs to be.. so no go. :(*
*actually... what it needed was for the file to actually be in the resourcesdir :roll:
joeker

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote](..) resourcesPath doesn't need to be specified by script?[/quote]
Indeed, [i]resourcesPath[/i] (and [i]settingsPath[/i]) are script-specific 'environmental variables.' Took me long enough to stumble upon these .. so I thought I'd mention it :)

@Taskkill.
Problem was that -- when 'snapped-in' (not floating) -- magnify wouldn't give back the occupied space. I virtually lost that portion of my workspace until a manual run/close.

Just found another much better fix -> remove the force-switch (/F) and it apparently terminates the process gracefully (magnify is allowed to restore the previous state)!
[quote="code"]
if (helper.IsProcessRunning("magnify.exe")) { WSShell.Run("TASKKILL /IM Magnify.exe",0); };
[/quote]

[quote](..) you'll see a few more problems[/quote]
I'm already using your script frequently (serial couchpotato :) and I like the basic functionality. There's always room for improvement, of course.
Thanks again!

[quote](..) perhaps a way (function) to kill both widgets upon exit of one of two[/quote]
Not a big deal imo .. I'll let you know if I find something.
bB

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote] 'snapped-in'[/quote]
Sounds familiar (i think i know what it would look like) but hOw do you get it to snap in (to your desktop i guess)? *EDIT* Got it; drag to any side of the screen.
And will remove the /F switch in next version then i guess! (i actually added that in hopes of it dieing quicker ;) )

Oh, [quote](..) perhaps a way (function) to kill both widgets upon exit of one of two[/quote] in there i was referring to a possible solution i'm already aware of; i.e. a function that gets called upon exit of either script, that might check to see if the other widget is still there; to only then (if false) kill magnify.
OH! Or to just leave magnify running, but minimizing it on script_exit.
...but really haven't gotten around to implementing :)

(ps: startpost edited)
bB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: so.. Reply with quote

My phone died, so i most probably will be moving on to different solutions, and that's why i haven't been editing this script; not that anyone noticed i guess ;)

either way, use/edit/share/enjoy.
-peace-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: