FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Clearing previous iTunes sync info off of Pre?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jschramm97

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Clearing previous iTunes sync info off of Pre? Reply with quote

Now that I can no longer sync my Pre with iTunes i'm using the Salling software to interface my Pre with iTunes. But i'm running into an issue. Salling is syncing my playlist/podcasts from iTunes but my previous iTunes sync information is still on the Pre.

The Pre is now seeing duplicated music and podcasts. I went through and manually deleted all the songs in the
\\iPod_Control\Music\F## folders but they are all still duplicated. Is there a playlist file on the Pre some place that needs to be deleted as well?

Any assistance would be great, thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Clearing previous iTunes sync info off of Pre? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been told that trashing the whole folder "iPod_Control" will do the trick (don't have a Pre myself, unfortunately). You'd do this from Windows Explorer (or Finder, for you Mac users).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="jschramm97"]Now that I can no longer sync my Pre with iTunes i'm using the Salling software to interface my Pre with iTunes. But i'm running into an issue. Salling is syncing my playlist/podcasts from iTunes but my previous iTunes sync information is still on the Pre.

The Pre is now seeing duplicated music and podcasts. I went through and manually deleted all the songs in the
\\iPod_Control\Music\F## folders but they are all still duplicated. Is there a playlist file on the Pre some place that needs to be deleted as well?

Any assistance would be great, thanks![/quote]
jschramm97

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

I copied the iPod_control folder off the Pre and it worked like a champ. I also rebooted the pre to make sure it would be okay and taht seems to have worked fine! Next order of business, Register Salling Media Sync!

Thanks!!
cpwhite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Error when scanning device assets Reply with quote

I have a Palm Pre and get the error below when I try and sync. (By the way, the path in question is present) Following the thread, I copied itunes_control to my computer as backup then deleted the folder and all contents. I restarted the phone but still get this error. Now I have no music on my Pre and I can't sync. Isn't this fun?

*** SYNC STARTED : 2/28/2010 4:39:02 PM
Error - Error when scanning device assets
Could not find a part of the path '
F:\.palm\=27AR7KNI=\=25QQPO===\
=25EZOSKY=\=27AR7KKQKOFNVD4XYKLFQ====
\=26YQ6E2AUO5MEVDHN6N7VDMPPB464EJRELKY4VCUIFJSSUY2AMU4GIK6CGQMIGDWTYH3MKU7SJ7YSK===
\=27A36CLYXPNKUXK5HGBFLINGY7M======\=26Q3OCLYC\=26A67CIYRPRNUS===
\=2545POMQWONLAQR53N454PIJLSY======\.=25I6PAKAHME======'.
cpwhite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Duplicate songs Reply with quote

After deleting the iTunes_Control folder, all the tunes disappeared and I can open the music player so the issue for me is elsewhere.

Would like a reply from Salling here!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Duplicate songs Reply with quote

My guess is that there's a problem with the storage on your Palm. As you can see, we're encountering a difficulty when accessing the hidden folder:

F:\.palm\=27AR7KNI=\=25QQPO===\
=25EZOSKY=\=27AR7KKQKOFNVD4XYKLFQ====
\=26YQ6E2AUO5MEVDHN6N7VDMPPB464EJRELKY4VCUIFJSSUY2AMU4GIK6CGQMIGDWTYH3MKU7SJ7YSK===
\=27A36CLYXPNKUXK5HGBFLINGY7M======\=26Q3OCLYC\=26A67CIYRPRNUS===
\=2545POMQWONLAQR53N454PIJLSY======\.=25I6PAKAHME======'.

(part of this looks like garbage to me, but I don't have a Palm handy to compare)

My recommendation is that you format the phone's storage (from the phone). I'm assuming this is a possibility.

As always, it's a good idea to Eject the phone's "storage volume" prior to yanking the USB cable.

Best.
-
Jonas

[quote="cpwhite"]After deleting the iTunes_Control folder, all the tunes disappeared and I can open the music player so the issue for me is elsewhere.

Would like a reply from Salling here![/quote]
cpwhite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Formatting storage Reply with quote

I don't know any way to format the data without erasing it. I have no idea what these directories are or what application uses them, but I also don't know, if you don't, why you would want to access them? I can navigate them within Windows Explorer. Someone mentioned today that this looks like a hash directory scheme that allows very quick navigation of deep directory structures.
If you don't have enough knowledge of the Palm Pre to be able to help me make your software work, can I have my money back so I can work with a company that does?

Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: