FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

playlists not appearing in nokia 5800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: playlists not appearing in nokia 5800 Reply with quote

Hi,

I seem to have a problem syncing my iTunes playlists to my Nokia 5800 (using mac Snow Leopard and latest iTunes). I have a 16gb card in my Nokia so it take s a while (I use the free version) but once it finishes and I refresh my music library in my Nokia the playlists do not appear under the playlists option in the music library on the phone. The playlists are a mixture of genius playlists (iTunes "Smart playlists") and the normal playlists. I really need them due to the amount of music I have that makes it very labourious without having them to easily access my music. So although all the music seems to sync correctly the playlists themselves are not copied to the phone.

I have seen similar posts but don't seem to have seen a solution. Any help would be aprpeciated.

Thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: playlists not appearing in nokia 5800 Reply with quote

What was the nature of these playlists? Within these 16GB, you'd have the potential for creating really, really long playlists. I'm not sure the 5800 will cope.

Or it could be that it takes the phone very, very long to figure these out.

It'd be great if you could try a smaller playlist, too.

Also, you might want to have a look-see in Console (/Applications/Utilities) to see if there were any errors reported toward the end of the sync.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="ranger"]Hi,

I seem to have a problem syncing my iTunes playlists to my Nokia 5800 (using mac Snow Leopard and latest iTunes). I have a 16gb card in my Nokia so it take s a while (I use the free version) but once it finishes and I refresh my music library in my Nokia the playlists do not appear under the playlists option in the music library on the phone. The playlists are a mixture of genius playlists (iTunes "Smart playlists") and the normal playlists. I really need them due to the amount of music I have that makes it very labourious without having them to easily access my music. So although all the music seems to sync correctly the playlists themselves are not copied to the phone.

I have seen similar posts but don't seem to have seen a solution. Any help would be aprpeciated.

Thanks[/quote]
ranger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas,

Thank you for the quick response.

I sync 9 playlists:

7 Genius playlists with 50 songs each (this shouldn't be a problem)
1 playlist with 4 albums
1 playlist with 89 albums (main sync playlist) I'm not concerned about this being a playlist as I just access the albums directly. It's the ones above that I want to have.

With regards to errors, I have 3 errors reported from my last sync, which all relate to artwork:

29/09/2009 06:58:42 [0x0-0x14f14f].com.salling.MediaSync[3204] Tue Sep 29 06:58:42 administrators-macbook.local Salling Media Sync[3204] <Error>: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment

This shouldn't be a problem should it?

Any help much appreciated!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: