FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

VLC controller for windows?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zawaq

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I have a problem with the script.
When I try to launch VLC from my mobile the VLC starts, but the "Launching VLC..." doesn't go away when VLC has started. If I press "Back" and start over, the "Launch VLC?"-text still appears.

But if I start a movie (manually on the PC) in VLC the script works fine, but not if I just start VLC without a movie/film. Doesn't work with an mp3-file.

I hope you can understand what I wrote.

Sincerely

[i]Zawaq[/i]
hazynrg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zawaq"]Hi!

I have a problem with the script.
When I try to launch VLC from my mobile the VLC starts, but the "Launching VLC..." doesn't go away when VLC has started. If I press "Back" and start over, the "Launch VLC?"-text still appears.

But if I start a movie (manually on the PC) in VLC the script works fine, but not if I just start VLC without a movie/film. Doesn't work with an mp3-file.

I hope you can understand what I wrote.

Sincerely

[i]Zawaq[/i][/quote]

Open VLC Remote.js and find the line " vlcHWND = FindWindow( "", "VLC player" );"

You have to replace "VLC player" with the localized title of your VLC, eg. as I'm french I have:
vlcHWND = FindWindow( "", "Lecteur multimédia VLC" );

You may also have to unset the option which displays the song title in the window title.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to the author of this plugin, keep up the good work!
Derkon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have modified this Script a little bit and now it has a better, i think, way of use..
Lets see, i've modified the forward and rewind speed.. also i made a Quit option to quit your VLC yo from device and make the Fullscreen option to work..

Now, i have the 1.0.1 Goldeneye version.. the setup is pretty easy, just follow the instructions for the original and then change 2 things:

1. The name of the VLC Console in the QUIT Script to your VLC console (there are 2 places).
2. Set the shortcut key for fullscreen to F5 on your VLC (this is cause I didnt find the virtualkeystroke for the F key on the keyboard)..

And thats it!..

Hope you find it useful..
All the credits to the original Scripter.. Thx a Lot!..

VLC Remote.rar
 Description:
Modified by Me.. ;)

Download
 Filename:  VLC Remote.rar
 Filesize:  2.47 KB
 Downloaded:  1749 Time(s)

koalacarlo79

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently installed version 1.1.0 of VLC and. .. unfortunately the script does not work anymore ... an update?
Estelnar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By changing the localized title of my player I've been able to start vlc and to open a file, but when it opens, my phone sys "vlc not launched".

I suppose it's due to the fact that when it opens a video, it puts the name of the opened video on the window bar, before the localized name (for example, if the name is "VLC media player", when you open a video it'll become " video_name - VLC media player"). And this way, the phone probably doesn't recognize the vlc window.

Does anyone know if we can't hide the title in the bar (I have windows version 1.1.4)? Or has anyone got an update?

Thanks to all! :)
piffrob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Estelnar"]By changing the localized title of my player I've been able to start vlc and to open a file, but when it opens, my phone sys "vlc not launched".

I suppose it's due to the fact that when it opens a video, it puts the name of the opened video on the window bar, before the localized name (for example, if the name is "VLC media player", when you open a video it'll become " video_name - VLC media player"). And this way, the phone probably doesn't recognize the vlc window.

Does anyone know if we can't hide the title in the bar (I have windows version 1.1.4)? Or has anyone got an update?

Thanks to all! :)[/quote]

You can solve the problem directly using VLC.
Go on
Tools -> Preference

Show all Settings

Interface -> Main Interface -> Qt

here deselect "Show playing item name in windows title"

That's all.
Estelnar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evvivaaaa! funziona!
Grazie infinite! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: