FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Voice recognition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabberwock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Voice recognition Reply with quote

As I (probably) will be using Salling Clicker as an extension of my home automation system, I am always looking for new ways of control input...

I was planning to add voice recognition features. This is not that difficult and there are several options...

However, I've just realized that each and every item in my home configuration would have to be scripted twice: once for Clicker, once for voice recognition. It would be so much easier (and sensible) to just speak the menu options that Clicker already has configured!

I realize that it might be largely outside the current scope of the application, but it might not be that difficult... After all, Windows has already the speech recognition engine built in and it is quite flexible - you can manipulate the expected commands on the fly, etc.

What do you think? Naturally, I am not writing this to demand unrealistic features, I just wanted to know whether anyone else might be interested in that...

Alternately, is Clicker itself exposed to the system so it can be manipulated with means other than remote apps (e.g. scripts, etc.)? This might be a partial solution, too...
Jabberwock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I thought about it some more, I've realized that the application for this would be rather narrow... Therefore, it is not worth the effort.

Instead, I will look into using Salling Clicker to generate xpl protocol messages. This will be much more flexible, although it will require some work... Of course, bidirectional communication would be ideal (to display status of devices, played media, etc.), but it would be much more difficult to implement...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: