FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

No sync on Droid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wally1944

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: No sync on Droid Reply with quote

I've attached my Droid phone to my PC (WinVista64) and mounted the SD card. I've selected some playlists to be synced, but the sync button is still grayed out and says there are no changes needing synchronization. At the summary level it says that it has never been synchronized. Any suggestions?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: No sync on Droid Reply with quote

What's in those playlists? Type of content, that is. Are the tracks "enabled" in iTunes (the little checkbox)?

Best.
--
jonas

[quote="wally1944"]I've attached my Droid phone to my PC (WinVista64) and mounted the SD card. I've selected some playlists to be synced, but the sync button is still grayed out and says there are no changes needing synchronization. At the summary level it says that it has never been synchronized. Any suggestions?[/quote]
wally1944

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sync not working for Android phone Reply with quote

The playlists are fine as any of them play fine in iTunes. I checked a box on one playlist, but I see the the same thing for many others, although I found one that turns on the sync option and if I select all songs and playlists, the sync shows up. Why does this software care about iTunes?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sync not working for Android phone Reply with quote

I'm afraid I need you to answer the question I last asked. I also don't quite understand what you wrote below.

- Jonas

[quote="wally1944"]The playlists are fine as any of them play fine in iTunes. I checked a box on one playlist, but I see the the same thing for many others, although I found one that turns on the sync option and if I select all songs and playlists, the sync shows up. Why does this software care about iTunes?[/quote]
wally1944

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: no sync on Droid Reply with quote

I guess we are in the same boat then, as I don't understand your question. The playlists are groups of mp3 files that play fine on the computer and from iTunes. Nothing out of the normal here. I don't know what you need to know about the playlists that would help resolve this problem. I don't know any difference from the playlist that enables the sync button and the ones that don't. I need to know more specifically what you need to know about them. I don't want to sync all my playlists. Within iTunes for my iPod, I manually select which playlists to sync.

On a separate issue, I have photoshop elements 8 installed, but it seems to think that I don't have it installed and gives me no options for syncing photos.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: no sync on Droid Reply with quote

Thanks. Now I know there are mp3 files in your playlists. And you're sure they're not DRM-protected AAC/m4a files, right? This is important.

The other thing I asked is whether the tracks are "enabled" in iTunes. I.e., when you look at the tracks in your playlist, you'll notice that there's a checkbox to the left of the track title. We'll only sync tracks where this checkbox is checked.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="wally1944"]I guess we are in the same boat then, as I don't understand your question. The playlists are groups of mp3 files that play fine on the computer and from iTunes. Nothing out of the normal here. I don't know what you need to know about the playlists that would help resolve this problem. I don't know any difference from the playlist that enables the sync button and the ones that don't. I need to know more specifically what you need to know about them. I don't want to sync all my playlists. Within iTunes for my iPod, I manually select which playlists to sync.

On a separate issue, I have photoshop elements 8 installed, but it seems to think that I don't have it installed and gives me no options for syncing photos.[/quote]
wally1944

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: No sync on Droid Reply with quote

Checking the tracks in iTunes did the trick. Did I miss something in the instructions? I don't understand why iTunes is involved.

Thanks,
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: No sync on Droid Reply with quote

By default, tracks are enabled in iTunes. You have disabled these at some point.

Here's from the built-in help:

[quote]Note: Tracks that are disabled (unchecked) in iTunes are not synced to your device.[/quote]

Glad to hear you got it to work.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="wally1944"]Checking the tracks in iTunes did the trick. Did I miss something in the instructions? I don't understand why iTunes is involved.

Thanks,[/quote][/quote]
wally1944

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncing photos on Droid Reply with quote

I'm running Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 on my Visa machine but Salling doesn't give me the option of syncing photos because it says I must not have Photoshop elements installed. What do I have to do to get this to turn on.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncing photos on Droid Reply with quote

Try enabling "Check for beta versions" in Salling Media Sync's settings.

Then Check for Updates.

I've made an attempt to support PSE8 that I hope will work for you. Please give it a shot and let me know how it went, okay?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="wally1944"]I'm running Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 on my Visa machine but Salling doesn't give me the option of syncing photos because it says I must not have Photoshop elements installed. What do I have to do to get this to turn on.[/quote]
wally1944

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: No sync on Droid Reply with quote

I did an update and install and a reboot of my system. I then reconnected the Droid and see no change in behavior. It seems to be running version 1.1.5.789 of Salling Media Sync.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: No sync on Droid Reply with quote

Okay. It was a bit of a "hunch". Clearly, more research will be required. Can you help? If so, please email me using the button below.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="wally1944"]I did an update and install and a reboot of my system. I then reconnected the Droid and see no change in behavior. It seems to be running version 1.1.5.789 of Salling Media Sync.[/quote]
wally1944

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: No sync on Droid Reply with quote

the syncing of photoshop elements 8 has been fixed in the lasted beta release running on Windows Vista64.

Thanks!
veryscreaming

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: "disabled" itunes songs Reply with quote

I saw the earlier post re itunes songs not syncing unless checked. However, after I did an initial sync with the basic version I noticed that quite a few songs with check marks also did not sync. (None of the songs in question were on the post-sync warning list advising of songs which did not transfer).

I'm ready to buy the full version--but only if you can tell me how to fix this. I hope you can because I really need a program like this. Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: "disabled" itunes songs Reply with quote

Okay.

1. If you see errors in your sync log, please open the log and see what files didn't copy and why.

2. If you don't see any errors in the log, the cause is one of these:

(a) Track is disabled
(b) Track is DRM-protected
(c) Device doesn't recognize track, or it's media library update is buggy.

It is not clear to me whether you've checked 2(b) and 2(c) above. It's easy to see if a track is DRM-protected. Just bring up Get Info in iTunes, and check its type (or file extension, which will be m4p for DRM-protected tracks). You can check for 2(c) why browsing your device through Windows Explorer, seeing if the track was copied to the storage or not. If the track is there but your device isn't picking it up, it's likely a phone issue.

- Jonas

[quote="veryscreaming"]I saw the earlier post re itunes songs not syncing unless checked. However, after I did an initial sync with the basic version I noticed that quite a few songs with check marks also did not sync. (None of the songs in question were on the post-sync warning list advising of songs which did not transfer).

I'm ready to buy the full version--but only if you can tell me how to fix this. I hope you can because I really need a program like this. Thanks![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: