FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

iPhoto Album/Folder on destination device?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dangorton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: iPhoto Album/Folder on destination device? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and Salling Media Sync. My device is HTC Hero (Android), Macbook Pro, OSX Snow Leopard.

I've used Salling for a few days now and really like the product, so thanks in the first instance.

My question / feature request is with iPhoto sync - photos and albums sync fine, however on the destination SD card in my device, they are all lumped together in one directory (e.g. shuffled as one big set of photos).

Is there a way to have the sync create folders based on the event / album name in iPhoto... and if not currently then I think this would be a useful feature.

Any help / comments appreciated!
Kind regards,
Dan
cimodanax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quoto, should be very usefull. I tryed the sw .. i like it but I wait to buy for this features.

bye

stefano
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This sounds like a nice approach, but there's a problem. The same photo can reside in multiple folders in iPhoto. And we don't really want to make two photos on the device out of one photo on your computer.

Any ideas on how to cope with this?

Best.
--
Jonas
cimodanax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

if I remeber (my iphone drop into the lake some weeks ago :( ) iphone sync on albun (logical folder) base .... and then one photo can be in more then one album, but there is the EVENT paradigma (phisical folder) that can be synked in Salling.

Another issues could be that in iPhoto file directories can exist an original and Update version of same photo ...

ciao

stefano
fconsiglio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i understand well. salling media put all the photo in the same folder. but music in separate folder.
is it correct ?
i have htc hero
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends on the device used. We never put music in the same folder as photos, of course. But with many devices, we organize music by artist/album.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="fconsiglio"]if i understand well. salling media put all the photo in the same folder. but music in separate folder.
is it correct ?
i have htc hero[/quote]
fconsiglio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see that the music on my htc hero is under music->artist->album
and photo are put all in one directory images

with media sync.

there is the possibility to put on
images-> < album name> (as directory)

thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see my post above (22 Sep 2009).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="fconsiglio"]i see that the music on my htc hero is under music->artist->album
and photo are put all in one directory images

with media sync.

there is the possibility to put on
images-> < album name> (as directory)

thanks[/quote]
fconsiglio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see it. but if you want to send from mac->htc hero and not the sync you can do it .because you do not touch iphoto. or it s a bad idea. not sync but transfer like nusic
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand you.

If a photo is part of two albums in iPhoto, don't you see how it'd be awkward to create two folders on the phone, and copy the same photo over twice?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="fconsiglio"]i see it. but if you want to send from mac->htc hero and not the sync you can do it .because you do not touch iphoto. or it s a bad idea. not sync but transfer like nusic[/quote]
isaacwaller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, a photo can only be in one "event" at a time (in iPhoto 09) - so maybe instead of albums, you can sort them into events? I have a T-Mobile G1, and this is very annoying.
Gaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Events in iphoto 09' Reply with quote

I just started using your program when I bought my driod. I was so happy to see my events and to be able to check them for import.

But when I looked in my gallery on the phone not only where they in one big folder, they were all mixed up together.

If you guys could get events in their own folder this program would be a no brainer for me to purchase. Photo's are a large part of why I am so happy with this phone and my mac.

Nice job on the itunes aspect.

Thanks...
dmitriyk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]I'm not sure I understand you.

If a photo is part of two albums in iPhoto, don't you see how it'd be awkward to create two folders on the phone, and copy the same photo over twice?

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]
Yeah, it'd be awkward. But to me, the current approach is completely useless. I've got hundreds of photos in iPhoto, organized in a few dozen albums, and putting everything in one location means I can't find a damn thing. The obvious solution would be to use symbolic links, but since it is so obvious, I'm sure the Android filesystem doesn't support them. In the absence of that, yeah, I'd prefer to have duplicated photos. If disk space management becomes a concern, perhaps an option to resize the photos before syncing to the device would be useful.

Thanks for paying attention to this and participating in the discussion. It's very refreshing! :)
wjhorsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Must have multiple folders for photos Reply with quote

This product is wonderful for music, but not so much for music. Instead of 12 folders, I get get one huge lump of 500 shuffled photos. I'd rather have dozens of duplicate copies just so long as my photos from Aperture were in folders and in order. My folders are set to tell as story as a slideshow. A random collection of photos is frustrating and nearly useless.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Must have multiple folders for photos Reply with quote

What device do you have?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="wjhorsley"]This product is wonderful for music, but not so much for music. Instead of 12 folders, I get get one huge lump of 500 shuffled photos. I'd rather have dozens of duplicate copies just so long as my photos from Aperture were in folders and in order. My folders are set to tell as story as a slideshow. A random collection of photos is frustrating and nearly useless.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: