FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

1.1.4 vs 1.1.3 on Nokia N85 : files missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petri71

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: 1.1.4 vs 1.1.3 on Nokia N85 : files missing Reply with quote

Hello,

I just updated Salling from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 and now I want to go back (how can I do that if I did not keep the 1.1.3 version ? ) :

After the sync (without any problem, I checked in the log), I have 398 songs on the phone and 486 on my iTunes 8.2.1 (mac os 10.4.11)
Some of my playlists are even empty.
With version 1.1.3, I had no problems...

I used to have the same problem with NMT and that is why I bought Salling... now I am back to the same situation :-(

any idea ?
petri71

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realised that the folder "playlists" on the phone is empty.... but in the music player I have them all, even if they are not all full (some are empty)...
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Okay.

In Media Transfer mode, the playlists we create don't manifests themselves as files (even though the phone may create "stubs"). You really shouldn't be too concerned with what's on the file system.

Now. Did you try "Update Library" in the phone's media player?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="petri71"]I just realised that the folder "playlists" on the phone is empty.... but in the music player I have them all, even if they are not all full (some are empty)...[/quote]
petri71

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a refresh, it refreshed only a few songs...

Now I just changed all the content of my playlists and synched and then refreshed the library on the phone.

I have 476 songs on my itunes playlists.
I have 425 songs on the phone, it's better than before but still not perfect.
I have no empty playlist, most of them contain less music on the phone than on iTunes, just one playlist has more songs on the phone than on iTunes ! :-)

The log file does not show any errors...

It's as if, for SMS some of the songs are simply not exisiting in the iTunes playlist...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: