FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Slow(er) transfer speeds with new phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannytheone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Slow(er) transfer speeds with new phone Reply with quote

Hey everyone, first time here and looking for some good help :wink:

So, I've just upgraded my phone from a Sony Ericsson C902, to a Sony Ericsson Satio. Transfers and stuff all work fine, except that I've noticed that the whole process is quite a bit slower.

Roughly, I have 900-1000 songs on the phone, and when the counter starts at the bottom (scanning device contents) it goes quite fast until about 170 have been checked, then it slows to a crawl, checking about 2 every second, and sometimes only 1 per second, which with the amount of songs has become tedious, when my old phone could have the hole process done in a few seconds.

The upgrade of phone has meant the following changes:

- Going from SE operating system to Symbian operating system
- Going from Sony's M2 memory cards to MicroSD cards.

I don't whether these could have anything to do with it, or maybe cus the Satio is still new etc. So any help you guys have will be real helpful

Thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, everything is changed with your new phone (which, btw, is not officially supported at this point).

From the sound of it, the MTP implementation of this phone has issues, making enumeration of content on the device very slow. I don't know if there are any tweaks I can make to improve on this.

You could try mass storage mode instead. Please see this:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6705

Best.
--
Jonas
dannytheone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that E71 trick seems to have solved it, it finds all the songs in just over a second now.

:wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: