FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Nokia N900 Hangs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bijiont

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Nokia N900 Hangs Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am using my MacBook Pro (10.6.2) and Salling 1.1.5 (225) paid version and while syncing my music it always stops at 512 items. All the items I am syncing are the same bitrate.

I have tried several times to delete all the items including the MediaSyncDeviceID.txt to allow for a clean new sync however it still hangs at 512 items.

Is there something wrong with the salling sync software or something which I am not seeing wrong with the .MP3?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Nokia N900 Hangs Reply with quote

What do you mean by "stops at 512 items"?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Bijiont"]Hello everyone,

I am using my MacBook Pro (10.6.2) and Salling 1.1.5 (225) paid version and while syncing my music it always stops at 512 items. All the items I am syncing are the same bitrate.

I have tried several times to delete all the items including the MediaSyncDeviceID.txt to allow for a clean new sync however it still hangs at 512 items.

Is there something wrong with the salling sync software or something which I am not seeing wrong with the .MP3?[/quote]
Bijiont

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Salling"]What do you mean by "stops at 512 items"?

Best.
--
Jonas [/quote]

The sync will start and once it has reached 512 items out of 2000 the application will not sync or copy any information. There is plently of free space on the device (Nokia N900) so it's not a space issue.

I have left it in this state for 9+ hours without any progress (checked via terminal for the copied bytes of the file it was on). It will remain at 512 items of 2000 until I quit the application.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please check the system Console log, to see if there are any messages there?

Best.
--
Jonas
Bijiont

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

system console error shows a bunch of "CANNOT PARSE ARTWORK IN /var/folders/FH/FH2CgAxUF304upkw3Q9ooE++TI/-Tmp-/Random String here.mp3

I couldn't find anything else which refeered to Salling software unless you have certain actions running under something else. I have already copied my Music over manually and am going to try and have the software just check the media as I used the same file structure as what you did. I will see what happens. If that fails I will start a new console log and try another fresh sync to see what errors appear.
Bijiont

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just removed all Music from my N900 and tried another sync.

Once again it has stopped. Here is the status this time.
512 of 3757 - copying "Angel Night ~天使のいる場所~ (instrumental).mp3"

After about 10 minutes I do get the following in the console log.
fsHandler
setupReparseTimer
onReparse
Bijiont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update(s) on this yet?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can ignore this error message. It just means that one of your tracks has corrupt artwork in it. The error does not indicate that the sync will stop.

[quote="Bijiont"]system console error shows a bunch of "CANNOT PARSE ARTWORK IN /var/folders/FH/FH2CgAxUF304upkw3Q9ooE++TI/-Tmp-/Random String here.mp3

I couldn't find anything else which refeered to Salling software unless you have certain actions running under something else. I have already copied my Music over manually and am going to try and have the software just check the media as I used the same file structure as what you did. I will see what happens. If that fails I will start a new console log and try another fresh sync to see what errors appear.[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These log messages do not pertain to the transfer of files, and just indicate that one of the media libraries on the computer got updated.

[quote="Bijiont"]Just removed all Music from my N900 and tried another sync.

Once again it has stopped. Here is the status this time.
512 of 3757 - copying "Angel Night ~天使のいる場所~ (instrumental).mp3"

After about 10 minutes I do get the following in the console log.
fsHandler
setupReparseTimer
onReparse[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're seeing a phone-related malfunction. Did you try a different SD-card? Reformat the card?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Bijiont"]Any update(s) on this yet?[/quote]
Bijiont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]I think you're seeing a phone-related malfunction. Did you try a different SD-card? Reformat the card?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Bijiont"]Any update(s) on this yet?[/quote][/quote]

This is not an issue with the card if you actually took the time to read my posts. I was able to manually copy and use the music with no problem. This memory card has also been used with other Nokia brand phones with no issues.

I am seriously regretting purchasing this software which is obviously not working and only given the explination of "it must be your memory card".

For now I have created my own script which will sync my music when launched until you fix the issues with your software.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Sorry.

The forums is not a great place to do difficult debugging of an issue you're having.

If you want real support, you should send a support email. I'll pick it up from there and try to figure out what's going on.

Best.
--
Jonas.

[quote="Bijiont"][quote="salling"]I think you're seeing a phone-related malfunction. Did you try a different SD-card? Reformat the card?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Bijiont"]Any update(s) on this yet?[/quote][/quote]

This is not an issue with the card if you actually took the time to read my posts. I was able to manually copy and use the music with no problem. This memory card has also been used with other Nokia brand phones with no issues.

I am seriously regretting purchasing this software which is obviously not working and only given the explination of "it must be your memory card".

For now I have created my own script which will sync my music when launched until you fix the issues with your software.[/quote]
Bijiont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do.

E-mail should arrive in the next 5~30 minutes.
Bijiont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the event any other N900 owners are seeing this issue I wanted to update with what I know so far.

Recently ran a debug item per salling which failed as well. Same results, 512 items copied and it dies.

This is starting to look to me anyways a possible compatibility issue with Mac 10.6.2 however nothing in the console log shows an error.

I will try and post what I find out to keep people in the loop :D
It's always nice to find out what the fix is rather than just fixing it. At least for me anyways.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify. We've established that the problem has nothing to do with the N900. I also know that there's obviously no general problem occurring for everyone at 512 tracks. Same thing with Mac OS X 10.6.2 (most people are using it).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Bijiont"]In the event any other N900 owners are seeing this issue I wanted to update with what I know so far.

Recently ran a debug item per salling which failed as well. Same results, 512 items copied and it dies.

This is starting to look to me anyways a possible compatibility issue with Mac 10.6.2 however nothing in the console log shows an error.

I will try and post what I find out to keep people in the loop :D
It's always nice to find out what the fix is rather than just fixing it. At least for me anyways.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: