FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Trial version has no wifi connect option on client?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harioharima

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Trial version has no wifi connect option on client? Reply with quote

I am using Vista Basic and a Nokia E90. Downloaded your trial software. Instals on both windows box and phone were straightforward. I do not have bluetooth on the computer.

I followed all steps (setup windows program with wifi enabled) and started clicker on my phone. I only see 3 options on my phone--
Connect, Help, and About. Help and About work fine...when I click them, I do see the expected conteent. However, when I click connect, NOTHING happens. I don;t think the phone sw is doing anything. I have ensured there is no firewall on my phone. Also un-installed Birdstep's smart connect just in case. But no dice.

Screenshots I have seen on the net show separate Connect Bluetooth, and Connect Wifi options on the phone. Why do I only have a single connect? Also any ideas why nothing happens when I click it?

Thanks.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The reason you're not seeing a "Connect via Wifi" option is because we're unable to detect a defined WiFi access point on your phone.

If you do have one, but we're not seeing it, we're having problems parsing the commsdb records for the access point. You may want to try deleting it and recreating it from the phone Settings.

If that doesn't work, a factory reset should take care of things for you (but I do understand that may be something you don't want to do).

Best.
--
Jonas
harioharima

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I took a slightly different approach and made some progress. Basically, I noticed a different sticky thread with a new S60 client. When I checked the size/date, it differs from the client sis in the trial download. So it appears that the trial download packages an outdated client. So I separately downloaded the new one. This also installed fine and actually shows the connect wifi option. That's where I am stuck.

Clicking it always yields a message ""No WiFi access point has been configured. User your phone's settings to connect to a wifi network".

There are access points (that all my other programs are able to use). I also pre-connected to the wifi access-point and then tried the clicker. Still same message.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. The new version of the client always shows the Connect via WiFi option, so it can guide the user when we cannot find a WiFi access point.

I need to have you consider the actions I suggested in my first reply, unfortunately.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="harioharima"]Thanks for the response. I took a slightly different approach and made some progress. Basically, I noticed a different sticky thread with a new S60 client. When I checked the size/date, it differs from the client sis in the trial download. So it appears that the trial download packages an outdated client. So I separately downloaded the new one. This also installed fine and actually shows the connect wifi option. That's where I am stuck.

Clicking it always yields a message ""No WiFi access point has been configured. User your phone's settings to connect to a wifi network".

There are access points (that all my other programs are able to use). I also pre-connected to the wifi access-point and then tried the clicker. Still same message.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: