FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

New Windows Mobile client (improved hi-res support)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: New Windows Mobile client (improved hi-res support) Reply with quote

Please find the attached CAB. It's for touch-screen based Window Mobile 5 and 6 devices.

This build is somewhat experimental, but I wanted to get it in your hands as soon as I had something useful.

Change list:
- Kinetic scrolling in lists;
- Support for "swiping" in controllers (allowing for volume changes, for instance). Tap for play/pause.
- Improved appearance (this is subjective, of course, but I think it looks pretty good at this point).

Best.
--
Jonas

Clicker_PocketPC_5.CAB
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Clicker_PocketPC_5.CAB
 Filesize:  133.21 KB
 Downloaded:  1667 Time(s)

Barend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

This version works fine for me.. thanks for your work. I'am working with an HTC Touch HD and a can control Salling Clicker much better now. The screen with the bigger buttons (I work on 480 x 800) is good, selecting with your fingers, kinetic scrolling, volume with finger up down (not alway even smooth).., next/previus number with finger left/reight works fantastic.

You've changed the listning port.. I believe..

I only have one wish over now... Is it possible to let it work true WAN/internet connection.... because on my pone (and I think many others) I have always an internet connection open... and Wifi consumes a lot of battery power... There is a other program wich can do that.. On that program I put my fixed IP from my house.., in my router I do a port forward to my computer a want to connect... and I have always connection.. (no drop down from wifi) with a much bigger reach (worldwide) to control my system. I think you only have to dissable the check on wireless lan to make it work.. :-).

Your program is better than the other because you can work with i-tunes ,windows media and powerpoint togheter and Salling clicker don't need to refresh a database before use.... So if you can fix this or have a solution for it.... youre the big winner.

Best regards,

Barend
fulviopp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Not working for me Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

I discovered yesterday your app and I really think that it could solve all my "remote control over Wi-Fi" problems, but I have a issue: Iīm using a HTC Touch HD (Win 6.1) and my first desire is to control the VLC running on a MacBook. But, even using this hi-res version, I canīt see any button to control VLC, I receipt only a message saying some like "press # to help", but I donīt have a real # key. Do I need to use a virtual keyboard? Is there some trick to solve this?

The connection seems to work fine, cause Iīm been able to do things like mouse control. The only problem seems to be the "missed buttons".

Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,
Fulvio
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Not working for me Reply with quote

The "Help" button should give you what commands are available.

It'd also help to know that you can tap and swipe the screen to issue commands. Tap would equal a joystick/d-pad center push. Swipe equals left/right/up/down.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="fulviopp"]Hi Jonas,

I discovered yesterday your app and I really think that it could solve all my "remote control over Wi-Fi" problems, but I have a issue: Iīm using a HTC Touch HD (Win 6.1) and my first desire is to control the VLC running on a MacBook. But, even using this hi-res version, I canīt see any button to control VLC, I receipt only a message saying some like "press # to help", but I donīt have a real # key. Do I need to use a virtual keyboard? Is there some trick to solve this?

The connection seems to work fine, cause Iīm been able to do things like mouse control. The only problem seems to be the "missed buttons".

Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,
Fulvio[/quote]
peterdua

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you also post the version with hi-res screen support for the broadcomm bluetooth stack ? I have the HTC HD2 but can currently only connect with Wifi and not over bluetooth with above posted version.
daica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: htc HD2 Reply with quote

this version is really nice on HD but dont work with HD2 now, the bluetooth menu is disabled, why?
daica

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh the test version for my HD2 is in the MAC here http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26767#26767

it have a bug but better than nothing
koro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Not working for me Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

It's working, but swiping is a pain in the ass...
Most of the time i select next song when i mean volume up or down...

A couple of buttons more would be great.

But i can live with it... tnx anyway for the support...

[quote="salling"]The "Help" button should give you what commands are available.

It'd also help to know that you can tap and swipe the screen to issue commands. Tap would equal a joystick/d-pad center push. Swipe equals left/right/up/down.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="fulviopp"]Hi Jonas,

Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,
Fulvio[/quote][/quote]
Black Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that it's a long time since you posted this download, but I wanted to give you some feedback as I think this could really be great software for touch screen phones.

I have a HTC Touch Diamond 2. I have only used it for iTunes and so far everything seems to work.

I downloaded this version so that I could access the volume controls. I never found the buttons too small, however I can see why you made them bigger as most people would have had problems.
As far as the swipe controls go, they need major tweaking to make them more precise. It has taken me a while to work out how to change songs without accidentally pressing pause instead...
The volume control, which is what I wanted from this version - it is totally unusable. It takes more than 20 full screen swipes to go from max volume to minimum, when it would be better if it just took one slow one.

If it were up to me, I would go back to push button controls for pause, next and prev songs (there is plenty of room on any touch screen), and would have graph that pops up when you swipe to change the volume. This is mainly so that you can see what you are doing, plus the buttons are easier!

I do hope this product continues to improve.

Gav.
moryoav

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Barend"]Hi Jonas,

I only have one wish over now... Is it possible to let it work true WAN/internet connection.... because on my pone (and I think many others) I have always an internet connection open... and Wifi consumes a lot of battery power... There is a other program wich can do that.. On that program I put my fixed IP from my house.., in my router I do a port forward to my computer a want to connect... and I have always connection.. (no drop down from wifi) with a much bigger reach (worldwide) to control my system. I think you only have to dissable the check on wireless lan to make it work.. :-).
[/quote]

I COMPLETELY agree with this, the one thing that would make this software simply perfect is if it had true control-over-internet support. Controlling devices when we're not at home is something sorely lacking here...
Vululami

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: HTC HD2 Support Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

I've installed the cab file above on HD2, I have the same bug as others with the bottom section that consist of the menu buttons when using Windows Media player script.

volume controls and the track selection by swiping works well, just a little bit too sensitive, but its better done nothing as with the Blackberry. Which I just changed (is there a chance you can remember the BB guys as well? i figure you're ignoring the BB section of the forum)

Otherwise, neat piece of work, keep up the good work
maccca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: problem with launching VLC... Reply with quote

Hi,
salling is working quite nice.

But I have a problem with launching VLC.
I could not switch on if I click to vlc button in my device I see just this screen shot than program switch off bluetooth.

Have I do some settings in VLC preferences?

Can you help me?
Maybe I have wrong script.
I used Windows XP Profi SP 2
And my device is Sony Ericsson XPERIA.

So sorry for my basic english.

Thank you for your time.
Best Regards...

Martin

screen-salling.jpg
 Description:
problem with launching vlc
 Filesize:  32.04 KB
 Viewed:  23031 Time(s)

screen-salling.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: