FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

HTC Magic sync problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nozza

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: HTC Magic sync problem Reply with quote

Hi

I'm using the trial of Media Sync on Win7 with an HTC Magic phone. It worked once but now I try it again it does not. As soon as I tell the phone to mount the card and the sync starts, there is an error and the card is unmounted immediately. I've tried it with 2 difference cards and tried reformatting them first but to no avail.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: HTC Magic sync problem Reply with quote

There's a rather "well" known issue with the HTC Magic's SD-card door. I'm thinking this might be your problem. You have to make absolutely sure the door shuts snug, because otherwise the SD-card will not stay connected.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Nozza"]Hi

I'm using the trial of Media Sync on Win7 with an HTC Magic phone. It worked once but now I try it again it does not. As soon as I tell the phone to mount the card and the sync starts, there is an error and the card is unmounted immediately. I've tried it with 2 difference cards and tried reformatting them first but to no avail.[/quote]
Nozza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

There does not seem to be a "door" as such. There is a push-and-click, spring loaded slot into which the sd card is loaded. There does not seem to be any room for error there. You push it in until it clicks to load it and push it again and it comes out to unload it.

I've tried it a few times and it seems to be OK. Certainly I can access the SD card's contents from both the phone and USB cable. Only two apps are giving problems: one is Media Sync which disconnects at the start of the attempted sync and other is the HTC Sync which will not recognise the phone/card - maybe this is relevant?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Well. Media Sync doesn't talk directly to the phone. It sees the phone as a drive, as presented by Windows.

If the phone doesn't show in Windows Explorer (or drops out of there, as your report indicates) you're having a problem that I cannot do anything about.

My best guess was the door issue that I've seen in the past. I suggest you check Windows' Event Viewer, to see what's cooking there.

Best.
--
Jonas
Nozza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows can see the card and I can write and read to the card from Windows. It works fine for all Windows operatiosn for a long as I want until I try to sync with Salling. Then as soon as the first track tries to sync it breaks the mount and fails.

Is it possible this could be a bad cable?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: