FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Nokia N900 Hangs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bijiont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Just to clarify. We've established that the problem has nothing to do with the N900. I also know that there's obviously no general problem occurring for everyone at 512 tracks. Same thing with Mac OS X 10.6.2 (most people are using it).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Bijiont"]In the event any other N900 owners are seeing this issue I wanted to update with what I know so far.

Recently ran a debug item per salling which failed as well. Same results, 512 items copied and it dies.

This is starting to look to me anyways a possible compatibility issue with Mac 10.6.2 however nothing in the console log shows an error.

I will try and post what I find out to keep people in the loop :D
It's always nice to find out what the fix is rather than just fixing it. At least for me anyways.[/quote][/quote]

Find that pretty hard to believe honestly.

Any other 10.6.2+ owners besides the creator wish to chime in? I would love to hear the experience with syncing over 500+ items to a phone or media device. Reason being is I am still not sold that this product works under 10.6.2
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works great for me. See screen shot.

Screen shot 2010-01-15 at 10.17.15.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.62 KB
 Viewed:  14457 Time(s)

Screen shot 2010-01-15 at 10.17.15.png

Bijiont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish mine worked, all I have is this sad face image.

[img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8383/34469331.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7726/97878364.jpg[/img]
MikaL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works perfectly for me. OSX 10.6.2, just completed sync of 1029 tracks in about 35 minutes. This is still a beta status version (right?), so bugfixing is probably still going on.

Best,

Mika

[quote="Bijiont"]Wish mine worked, all I have is this sad face image.

[img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8383/34469331.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7726/97878364.jpg[/img][/quote]
Bijiont

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah more than likely.

Honestly just stinks that I am unable to use this software.

Then again I made a sync script and am using that until it's fixed so it's not like I don't have a sync solution for now.

Just seems that with every pass of information I have with the developer that it's becoming more obvious that they have no idea what the issue is at the moment.

Not saying they aren't trying to correct the issue, they are. I have left this in a sync status all weekend and still stuck :lol: . All well, guess I will just wait and see what the developers say in the next email I receive from them.
Bijiont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No recent word with the developer.

I started to do some additional testing on my own in the mean time. I used a fresh installed 10.6 laptop with nothing more than the developer tools and updates from Apple. Still get the same error when syncing.

What I still find strange is that I am able to sync everything under the sun provided it doesn't exceed 512 items.

There is only so much I can see/do with the resources without having access to the source code (that will never happen and for good reason) so until then I am at the mercy of the developer.

Just wanted to post an update since I haven't said much as of late.
Bijiont

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another forum update,

Downloaded most recent beta, same results. This was all already communicated to Salling via e-mail so no new information below.

I am still in communication with the creator however replys have been getting later and later. I am guessing this is because Salling is still trying to figure out what the deal it.

I did some more testing with what I have and have personally determined that Media Sync is timing out due to the transfer size. Again salling hasn't tested this nor stated this. This is just what I have been able to examine and compare to other syncing applications. Certain ones will have issues with syncs larger than 700+MB which is what I am experiencing.

The sync appears to stop after 2Gb have been transfered (roughly 5Mb a song). I have seen similar behaviors with sync applications like rsync did back in the day.

I like to support developers as being a developer myself it's nice to be rewarded for your work. could I have built something similar (sure) but rather support someone who has already done it. I am not knocking the support, Salling has been great with e-mails and trying to figure things out however there hasn't been much progress. The only option which salling talked about was live debug which frankly I am not doing.

Glad to hear this product is working for the mass however it seems that this product will simply not work for me. So until Salling can fix or find the bug I am going to keep on using my python script I wrote to sync my items up. If anyone else is having a similar issue I wish you luck as well. For the rest, well I hate you and your working version :D just kidding.
Bijiont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a forum update, haven't heard anything recently from the developer.

I am under the impression that salling is just very busy.

I was issued a version of Media Sync with some additional logging however haven't heard word about the results that I sent Salling.

So as of 02/18/2010 Media Sync still crashes and refuses to sync over that magic 512 mark which has magically became 521 for some reason haha.

Bijiont 0 | Salling 0 | Random Programming Error(s) 1

Yes even in simple things we see programming errors, any developer can agree with me there.
Bijiont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another Forum update.

Issue still not resolved and haven't heard anything since the last email sent to salling with application log information.

I have pretty much at this point in time came to accept that I lost $22 as I don't forsee any resolution anytime soon. The reason being is the original post was made on December 23rd and still nothing almost 3 months later.

Everyone who this works for have fun but I think I am going to look for another solution and accept the $22 mistake.
andyph666

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me with 10.6.3 and PR1.2. I'm using the unpaid version though. Want to trade for a salling clicker license :D? If it's allowed of course since I don't have the need for salling clicker anymore.
mobilexchange

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: buy used mobiles india Reply with quote

you have to follow these instructions ,http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Snow_Leopard_Installation_Instructions.pdf possible you got the solution, :oops: if you don't find then go to mobile store and [url=http://www.mobilexchange.in/]buy used mobiles india[/url] to get rid from this cell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: