FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Nokia x6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Nokia x6 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

i bought a few days before a nokia X6 and now i am wondering what the advantages the paid version of media sync has are. Ok, i know that there is a real sync and not only a new copy of all playlists, but is there also the opportunity to give the counts back to itunes (e. g. a song played one, two or three times). I hope you can understand what i am trying to describe cause my english is not the best.

Thanks Denda
Denda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody here, who understands my question?

I want to know that before i buy your product.

If there are no playing counts given back to itunes, the media sync is useless for me. Cause i want to have a self updating playlist in itunes (including only songs, that are not played in the past two months). If the play counts are not given back, the playlist is not self updating and there are always the same songs in the playlist and on my phone.

Thanks Denda
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question has been asked before. No Nokia phones that I've seen even supports slurping the play counts out of them. Sorry.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Denda"]Nobody here, who understands my question?

I want to know that before i buy your product.

If there are no playing counts given back to itunes, the media sync is useless for me. Cause i want to have a self updating playlist in itunes (including only songs, that are not played in the past two months). If the play counts are not given back, the playlist is not self updating and there are always the same songs in the playlist and on my phone.

Thanks Denda[/quote]
Denda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply

In the music player of my X6 there are three automatic playlists (most played, recently added, last played). If the phone is able to generate and update these playlist, there must anywhere on the phone the information for the playing counts stored, i would guess.

Are there plans for the future about this topic?

Another opportunity would be a s60 5th alternative music player (for example written by salling software) on the phone, that has the opportunity for the playing counts and to synchronize with itunes via your media sync. If you can create such a player, there would be the opportunity for you to offer a bundle of software (player on the phone, sync software), which would be great alternative for the nokia musicplayer...

The second opportunity would be to use a existing player on the phone (e. g. LCG Jukebox v2.43 or PowerMP3, but i am not sure, if they have playing counts) and a adpted version of media sync, that can read the playing counts.

Another Question:
Have Sony ericsson-, HTC-,... mobiles playing counts and are they given back to itunes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: