FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Sync usb memory stick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aeg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Sync usb memory stick Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to sync a usb memory stick with salling media sync.

I read that placing the following file in the root should do it, is that correct?
http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6704

I can't get it to work like that. My memory stick is formatted as FAT. (for osx's inability to work with NTFS)

Regards,
Jan
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sync usb memory stick Reply with quote

You're correct. Placing the transportConfig file in the root of the memory stick works. Could you please describe in more detail what you did, as this is pretty well tested (it's how I test sync behavior for devices that I do not own)?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="aeg"]Hey everyone,

I'm trying to sync a usb memory stick with salling media sync.

I read that placing the following file in the root should do it, is that correct?
http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6704

I can't get it to work like that. My memory stick is formatted as FAT. (for osx's inability to work with NTFS)

Regards,
Jan[/quote]
aeg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working from a macbook pro. I placed the transportConfig file on the USB stick in the root. But it's as if Salling Media Sync doesn't detect the device. Is there a way to force device detection, or a way to see if it knows the usb stick has been connected (even when the transportConfig file or filesystem on the usb stick isn't correct)?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The app should detect any file system that has this file.

Does your usb stick show up in Finder?

Also, did you unplug/replug the stick (or restart the application) after putting the file on there?

- Jonas

[quote="aeg"]I'm working from a macbook pro. I placed the transportConfig file on the USB stick in the root. But it's as if Salling Media Sync doesn't detect the device. Is there a way to force device detection, or a way to see if it knows the usb stick has been connected (even when the transportConfig file or filesystem on the usb stick isn't correct)?[/quote]
josf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote

I used Salling Media Sync before I bought my iPhone. Fantastic program!

However I use an USB-stick in my car for the stero and thought that it would be possible to sync the USB-stick with Salling Media sync. I tried the above tip but didn't succeed.

How do I do?
CTForester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having trouble with this and discovered that I when I right-clicked on the attachment and clicked save as, it was actually downloading an xml file instead of the config file. I resolved this by downloading it with Chrome instead of Safari. I got the actual file. Now it works. There's probably a solution for Safari?

I don't know if this is your problem. Check the file with "get info".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: