FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Salling Clicker Support for Modern OS? Or is going to Die?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtcr17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Salling Clicker Support for Modern OS? Or is going to Die? Reply with quote

I have used Salling Clicker for a Long time and in several devices but with my N900 did not work and now that symbian is practically dead, I wonder if you are planning to work on a version for any of the new OS lilke Android or iOS?
jesterpaul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. Paid for this years ago, and is great with my old Nokia 6630, but have upgraded to Android. There must be thousands like me.

How about iOS, Android and Windows Phone support? Would this not simply only require OS support. Not separate version of phone client for each handset??
jae_63

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure would be nice if Jonas would review this subject, especially for Android. It's clear that there's no risk that SallingClicker would be excluded from Android Market.

I don't know what the exact Bluetooth requirements of SallingClicker are, but I suspect that Android 2.2 would support it. And presumably any version of Android would work with Clicker on a rooted phone.

As I've said previously on these forums, even a Wifi-only version of SallingClicker would be great to have.

None of the various remote controls for Android have a well-thought-out and powerful infrastructure which approaches the capabilities of SallingClicker.

I spent $12US (to a 3rd-party provider) to try to port the J2ME version of SallingClicker to Android, but it didn't work.

Jonas, will you please explain your current reasoning and the exact Bluetooth requirements?

Many thanks ...
broadcast_techie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that Salling Clicker is dead then?

It's been 2 years since any activity on this forum by the looks of it and no support for modern phones.

It was great whilst it lasted, but it's a shame as I've not found any other solution to be as flexible as this was - the ability to programme my own scripts meant I could make a remote for reviewing my photos in Lightroom as an example.

Time to uninstall and forget....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: